• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 on EBAY...VG/FN???

14 posts in this topic

Nice overall copy except for that shark-bite out of top right corner...certainly not a VG-FN 5.0...I'm thinking 3.0...maybe 3.5??? hm(shrug)

I'll post a scan later (at my office right now so I don't have access to photobucket).

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-FANTASY-15-1ST-APPEARANCE-SPIDER-MAN-CGC_W0QQitemZ320214856576QQihZ011QQcategoryZ32739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Paper quality looks nice, But I couldnt spend that kind of money for a book with that large of a chunk taken out of it.

I cant see it being better than 3.0 tops.

I'd happily pay the $2,599.95 starting price to get a solid AF 15 in 3.0...too bad this books isn't a 3.0. The spine looks iffy and prone to separation, and it has low eye appeal

To me it is a tight book with good eye appeal, except for a major defect. So what would you rather have, a 3.0 with creasing, tears, and chipping, or a cleaner book with one major distraction?

To me it is a tight book with good eye appeal, except for a major defect. So what would you rather have, a 3.0 with creasing, tears, and chipping, or a cleaner book with one major distraction?

I wouldn't want this book... the major distraction is just too much of an eyesore.

And don't forget the seller is hawking this as "ATLEAST (sic) A VG/F"

Ya know, if that corner was just a bunch of creases, this might actually be a VG/F.

But I gotta believe that a book with that much of the entire corner having gone missing, can't do any better than a 3.0..............

It's quite the dilemna, but I, for one, couldn't get past that missing piece of the book from cover to cover.

having said that, it's still an AF #15 and if someone is willing to pay a fair G/VG price for it, who am i to try and dissuade them............ (shrug)

Ya know, if that corner was just a bunch of creases, this might actually be a VG/F.

But I gotta believe that a book with that much of the entire corner having gone missing, can't do any better than a 3.0..............

It's quite the dilemna, but I, for one, couldn't get past that missing piece of the book from cover to cover.

having said that, it's still an AF #15 and if someone is willing to pay a fair G/VG price for it, who am i to try and dissuade them............ (shrug)

I wouldn't go higher than a 2.5 .....IMO

Nice overall copy except for that shark-bite out of top right corner...certainly not a VG-FN 5.0...I'm thinking 3.0...maybe 3.5??? hm(shrug)

I'll post a scan later (at my office right now so I don't have access to photobucket).

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-FANTASY-15-1ST-APPEARANCE-SPIDER-MAN-CGC_W0QQitemZ320214856576QQihZ011QQcategoryZ32739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Rat/Bug chew... :eek:

Without it it's a borderline 4.5/5.0

With it it's more like 3.0 :P

I wouldn't consider buying/owning this one...the corner is just a deal-breaker for me AF15 or no...I'm re-thinking as well that technically it might be a 3.0 but I would go no higher than 2.5 on it...

The starting bid price is right at the threshold of a CGC 3.0 according to GPA and recent ebay/internet sales ($2500-$2800+ range)...so I figure a raw copy should discount at least 10-20% so that puts a reasonable price at approx. $2000-2250...but if you think it's a 2.5 it drops again...

I don't take any great umbrage with the seller as he has posted a ton of scans including lots of detail shots...in that sense buyers should be able to make up their own mind what the grade is for them...especially within a 1/2-grade...

thumbnailaf15.jpg+ mouse-0006.jpg= thumbnailmuffinbite.jpg

953a_3.jpg

a3ba_3.jpg

I wouldn't consider buying/owning this one...the corner is just a deal-breaker for me AF15 or no...I'm re-thinking as well that technically it might be a 3.0 but I would go no higher than 2.5 on it...

The starting bid price is right at the threshold of a CGC 3.0 according to GPA and recent ebay/internet sales ($2500-$2800+ range)...so I figure a raw copy should discount at least 10-20% so that puts a reasonable price at approx. $2000-2250...but if you think it's a 2.5 it drops again...

I don't take any great umbrage with the seller as he has posted a ton of scans including lots of detail shots...in that sense buyers should be able to make up their own mind what the grade is for them...especially within a 1/2-grade...

thumbnailaf15.jpg+ mouse-0006.jpg= thumbnailmuffinbite.jpg

953a_3.jpg

a3ba_3.jpg

Oh man...

I didn't take time to look at the bigger corner scan.

I thought it was just the front cover that was missing the corner. not the whole book.

2.5 tops now... :eek: