• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tim Vigil fans?

256 posts in this topic

To follow up on Mr 9.8's question:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380209386241&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This dealer has 18 copies of Fantastic Fables #2 so you can probably get it for very cheap. Other dealers want way more. This guy says it is rare because it was never distributed.

lol Yes I have that on my ''Watch list''

I would buy them, but unless it's CGC'ed at 9.8 it's a shot in the dark.

Heart of Darkness #2 was never printed. Kris Silver was near the end, and he was playing games with money and his creators. He ripped off a lot of people by the end, Tim probably the worst. I forget if it was the warehouse/storage unit or the printer that Kris Silver stiffed, but the run was never distributed and then sold in bulk to someone (likely the Ebay seller) who has been trying to sell copies for $20 a crack the last 10 years.

Does anyone here have the full story/history of Kris Silver?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380209386241&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This dealer has 18 copies of Fantastic Fables #2 so you can probably get it for very cheap. Other dealers want way more. This guy says it is rare because it was never distributed.

lol

Sam, you are going to drive yourself crazy (and lighten your wallet substantially) if everything and anything has to be a 9.8 in order to be collectible.

lol

Sam, you are going to drive yourself crazy (and lighten your wallet substantially) if everything and anything has to be a 9.8 in order to be collectible.

That's why I plan on buying more RAW books this year. :ohnoez:

He's not worth talking about, IMO, but to throw you a bone.

"What happened to Silver Wolf? That's easy. I wasn't being paid for my product. Companies such as Crown, Glenwood, and Comics Express went bankrupt owing Silver Wolf over thirty thousand dollars. Other distributors simply didn't intend to pay and still others even claimed they didn't receive the project although shipping invoices show that they did. It became obvious that I was throwing good money after bad. I stopped; I would have been either a fool or stupid if I hadn't." -- editorial written in Tink #1 by Kristoffer A. Silver

He's not worth talking about, IMO, but to throw you a bone.

"What happened to Silver Wolf? That's easy. I wasn't being paid for my product. Companies such as Crown, Glenwood, and Comics Express went bankrupt owing Silver Wolf over thirty thousand dollars. Other distributors simply didn't intend to pay and still others even claimed they didn't receive the project although shipping invoices show that they did. It became obvious that I was throwing good money after bad. I stopped; I would have been either a fool or stupid if I hadn't." -- editorial written in Tink #1 by Kristoffer A. Silver

Thanks.hug.gif

A short story about Tim Vigil and why he's a god.

Long ago at some dingy comic convention my buddy Dave and I found Mr. Vigil behind a table finishing the pencils on a double spread for Faust, a graveyard scene with Faust leaping over the headstones of known living at that time comic book artists; a fantastic rendering and we pretty much felt this guy was the future of illustration. We bemoaned the fact that his first editions were way out of our price range, but had brought our second, third, and fourth print issues for signing. Someone came up and gave him a boxed deck of cards that were the artist's proof for the Faust card series. After more gawking, and him signing our Faust books, I asked if I could purchase this set. "Sorry but no, they were not for sale and the artists proofs are for me to give the final ok on for production." We wandered about the floor till we dropped by his table one last time to say goodbye. I asked again and he handed the cards to me and said, "They're yours."

What he did was so unselfish that at first I declined out of guilt for being playfully obnoxious and pushy, but then he said it's OK and I pocketed them. He signed the first card.

Long ago at some dingy comic convention my buddy Dave and I found Mr. Vigil behind a table finishing the pencils on a double spread for Faust, a graveyard scene with Faust leaping over the headstones of known living at that time comic book artists; a fantastic rendering and we pretty much felt this guy was the future of illustration. We bemoaned the fact that his first editions were way out of our price range, but had brought our second, third, and fourth print issues for signing. Someone came up and gave him a boxed deck of cards that were the artist's proof for the Faust card series. After more gawking, and him signing our Faust books, I asked if I could purchase this set. "Sorry but no, they were not for sale and the artists proofs are for me to give the final ok on for production." We wandered about the floor till we dropped by his table one last time to say goodbye. I asked again and he handed the cards to me and said, "They're yours."

What he did was so unselfish that at first I declined out of guilt for being playfully obnoxious and pushy, but then he said it's OK and I pocketed them. He signed the first card.

Awesome story :applause:

I meet Tim vigil and David Quinn on several occasions back in the day! seems like they made it to my local comic shop (comic relief) in Flint, Michigan a lot, plus Detroit and Chicago shows! great guys and very talented, still prize my Faust #1 with autos from both!

Cool story. My first exposure to him was when I wondered who the perv was drawing a XXX rated sketch right out in front of god and everyone... little kids walking by, no problem. Guess they've got to see it somewhere... :tonofbricks:

so where are the pics? (shrug)

Tim ( and his brother ) is one of the nicest guys on the planet. He gets mess on by a lot of other industry artists because of his content but NONE of them are as kind and generous as Tim. He also truly appreciates his fans...can't say enough nice things about Mr.Vigil.