• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PLEASE GRADE THIS SPIDEY 1

28 posts in this topic

for that price you could find a better copy."Patience be with you my friend"

thanks- i offered $4000 once but no dice! At the time it was the highest i would go but i've thought of offering $4500 -doubt they would accept anyway. Told Frank i think it would certify lower but he just said that's just one "opinion" - I agree but its a very well respected opinion and the consensus here is they have overgraded this book! No wonder its been on their site for over a year!

Just one...? :whistle:

I agree that with the somewhat ruffled overhang and long center crease, this book has little chance of being a 6.5. (and the BC really can't improve the grade much if at all).

i'd have to agree with the 5.5 guesses due to that damn crease................i'd wait for another copy to come along. still, pretty sweet looking book........ :devil:

First off, I love Metro for their selection and service and, I for one, accept that they charge more than........(they should, appropriate, elsewhere, insert word here)....but I have come to realize through personal experience and many other opinions on these Boards, that they seem to grade 1/2 to 1 point higher than actual Grade of book. Having said that, you have to accept that they have what you want, they have it now, and they do offer time payments, and their shipping and refund policies are very good..........Good luck with your Spidey#1 quest, it's a SA grail all Spidey lovers MUST own (eventually)

FISH

I don't know what book Metropolis is looking at. This is a very nice book. But it is no where near a 6.5 I would say a very solid 5.0 With a 50 - 50 chance of going 5.5 Wait a while. While it is a very nice book. There are quite a few of them floating around. You will find the book you want at a price that is reasonable. No way this is a $5,500 book. It will be sitting at Metropolis for another year at that price... Your offer of $4,000 looks like a legitimate amount of money for this book. I don't think Id offer them the extra $500 Very nice book, but common as far as a SA Key goes..

I don't know what book Metropolis is looking at. This is a very nice book. But it is no where near a 6.5 I would say a very solid 5.0 With a 50 - 50 chance of going 5.5 Wait a while. While it is a very nice book. There are quite a few of them floating around. You will find the book you want at a price that is reasonable. No way this is a $5,500 book. It will be sitting at Metropolis for another year at that price... Your offer of $4,000 looks like a legitimate amount of money for this book. I don't think Id offer them the extra $500 Very nice book, but common as far as a SA Key goes..

(thumbs u