• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which WOLVERINE comics are the most valuable???

30 posts in this topic

I know that the HULK # 181 is valuab le because of the Wolverine

but which ones should I try to collect for the future???

Any ideas???

Do they have large print runs?

Need to be CGC NM+ 9.9 or MINT 10.0 to be worth anything???

Any info would be greatly appreciated

CAL who branches out occasionally

One need only look at the census numbers to see how common Wolvie keys are. Nice books I'm sure, but cornering the market (if thats your focus) on any given issue will prove near impossible. If you're looking for books with smaller print runs you might want to consider looking at independents.

One need only look at the census numbers to see how common Wolvie keys are. Nice books I'm sure, but cornering the market (if thats your focus) on any given issue will prove near impossible. If you're looking for books with smaller print runs you might want to consider looking at independents.

great post

I knew you were knowledgeable about comics!!!

CAL :hi:

Wolverine 145 nabisco variant (good call )

wolverine 102.5 racial slur error. I think it was pulled from the shelves, so limited print on this one.

wolverine #1 I have 4 mint copies to submit, never read and barely touched.

The limited series 1-4 in 9.8 will bring you about a grand.

Also wolverine vol.2 issue 10 in 9.8 is a good find.

I used to have a Wovlie Limited #1 in CGC 9.9 and always thought that was a great issue to have only becuase it is one of my favoruite runs of all time.

R.

Cal,

I have one of the nicest Wolverine collections going right now. The most valuable Wolverine comics after Hulk 181 currently are:

Wolverine 145 Bone Claws error variant - extremely rare, no 9.8s, worth $500+ in 9.0 or better. Good luck finding one. There are only two known copies right now.

Hulk 180 & 182 - Wolverine makes a one panel cameo at the end of Hulk 180 and there was some hype for this book a while back. CGC prices have been trending down but it sells for $400+ in CGC 9.4. 182 has a brief Wolverine appearance as well. It sells for less than 180.

Wolverine 145 Nabisco variant - Print run thought to be 300-400, scarce but not rare. Worth $400+ in CGC 9.8.

Wolverine miniseries - The Frank Miller/Claremont run from 1982 is extremely popular so demand keeps prices up for these books even though they have high census numbers. Issue 1 consistently sells for $200+ in 9.8 and sometimes tops $300. This is the issue most likely to get a bump in price from the Wolverine movie. Issues 2-4 consistently sell for $150+ in 9.8 and often top $200. There are scarcer newsstand variants of 1-4 but they don't sell for much more. And there may be 75-cent Canadian price variants for 2-4 but I have yet to see them. There is one 10.0 copy of Issue 1 which is not on the market. Mint 9.9 copies of Issue 1 have sold for $1000+ Issues 2-4 have no mint 10 copies and only 1-2 9.9 copies which have not come up for public sale in many years.

Wolverine 102.5 - Wizard produced a special edition comic of Wolverine in 1996 numbered 102.5 which was so thin that virtually all copies have spine stress from production/handling. Two versions exist - with and without the signature of cover artist Boris Vallejo. There are currently no CGC 9.8s of either version (and only 1 9.6) but I have seen some sellers offer "Mint" or "NM/M" copies of the signed version with high-res scans that look pretty good. The first 9.8 copy of this issue will sell for $500+

Wolverine regular series - Issues 1 and 10 are considered the keys to the run and consistently sell at the $100+ level because of demand, not scarcity. The scarcest issue is 35 which has yet to turn up in 9.8 due to common production defects. I would guess that the first 9.8 of 35 will sell for $300+

Weapon-X - You might want to get Marvel Comics Presents 72-84 if you are looking to speculate on Wolverine movie hype. The "Weapon X" storyline of Wolverine's origin is one of the most popular Wolverine runs and could very well be the plot to the upcoming movie. Those books sell for $50+ in 9.8 right now but are relatively scarce in 9.8, so if there is a big increase in demand, you could see a sharp increase in price.

wolverine 102.5 racial slur error. I think it was pulled from the shelves, so limited print on this one.

The racial slur issue is actually #131 (recalled)

I've got a 9.4 and 9.6 graded if interested.

And a raw 9.2

The racial slur issue is actually #131 (recalled)

I've got a 9.4 and 9.6 graded if interested.

And a raw 9.2

Way to pimp your stuff, Rich. :makepoint:

Wolverine miniseries - Issues 2-4 consistently sell for $150+ in 9.8 and often top $200. There are scarcer newsstand variants of 1-4 but they don't sell for much more. And there may be 75-cent Canadian price variants for 2-4 but I have yet to see them.

Just to let you know, I have a set of 2-4 in VF of the 75 cent Canadian variants...

Well... since no one's mentioned them, how about Hulk 180 and 182? I can't recall exactly, but I think 182 came out at roughly the same time as GSXM 1? I know these aren't necessarily the hardest to find, but they'd obviously be a natural set of bookends to a copy of 181. :shrug:

I can tell one "hot" book that seems to be tanking via GPA

is the Hulk 180 (1st wolverine apperance - cameo).

It seems to be sliding down ever since GPA

was watching it in '02.

In '02 it was in the high $700's now it is struggling to stay in

the high $400 in 9.4...

:(