• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Special CGC label?

24 posts in this topic

Not exactly sure what you mean but I think that it would be the same as having a Blackhawk #9 (#1) noted.

Issue 1-8 are Uncle Sam's quaterly and issue #9 is the first Blackhawk after a name change.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Russ...

Did not see the top of the label.

Forgive me.....

Steve has stated in the past that if the money is right that CGC will put just about whatever you want on a label, not counting the grade.

You forgetting the wizard 9.5 grades?

Apparently they learned from that, hence the "not counting the grade" portion. (shrug)

These copies were all auctioned off to fund the Geppi Museum so putting it on the label is in support of a charitable comics-related entity. That probably was a critical factor in the decision to support a custom label.

Was this a CGC one-shot or can you get certified books customized like this?

WOW!!

An EC w/ Johnny Craig cover!!!

Cool!!!

(worship)

and

Johnny Craig did a few EC covers

Crime Suspenstories #1 is a Craig cover.

I'm sure I'm missing the sarcasm, but Craig did more than a few - more like dozens and dozens of covers and dozens and dozens of stories. He was a cornerstone of EC, and his work there is what he's primarily known for.

I'm far from an EC expert which is why I wasn't sure.

one of the few EC books I actually own is the aforementioned Crime Supsenstories #1

which is why I felt confident using it as an example, and it's one of my favourite covers.