• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #620!!!!

20 posts in this topic

Saw an advance copy today! Gotta say. looks even better than I'd hoped for! The art is amazing. Probably 2/3's of the pages have Batman on them. Risso's Batman is killer! And Azzerello gets right into the story. Doesn't drag at all!!!! cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Chris

I'm really looking forward to the Risso arc, but you guys are going to flip when you see Bill Sienkiewicz's art on the next story arc. I've seen some of his more recent Batman sketches and his rep has actually seen some of the completed art for Bill's arc - which is being written by David Lapham. and will follow the Azzarelo and Risso 6-issue story - he says that it is unbelievable.

Kev

are you saying that the art is better than Lee's?

I wasn't saying that, per se. I was just saying that I am excited about the upcoming arc as Risso is one of my favorite artists. I've enjoyed Jim Lee's run on Batman, and he's one of the two reasons that I'll be picking up a Superman title in the near future (Azzarello being the othe reason).

But, Yes, I prefer Risso's noir-style to Lee's dynamic-effect. shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Chris

are you saying that the art is better than Lee's?

I wasn't saying that, per se. I was just saying that I am excited about the upcoming arc as Risso is one of my favorite artists. I've enjoyed Jim Lee's run on Batman, and he's one of the two reasons that I'll be picking up a Superman title in the near future (Azzarello being the othe reason).

But, Yes, I prefer Risso's noir-style to Lee's dynamic-effect. shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Chris

Lousy Risso Lover... sign-rantpost.gif

Yep. It was the previews issue that they give to the comic shops a week (or so) before a book comes out. I think it's identical. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, if it's not 100% identical... you may be "advance viewing" the

35cent variants of the future.

I'm really looking forward to the Risso arc, but you guys are going to flip when you see Bill Sienkiewicz's art on the next story arc. I've seen some of his more recent Batman sketches and his rep has actually seen some of the completed art for Bill's arc - which is being written by David Lapham. and will follow the Azzarelo and Risso 6-issue story - he says that it is unbelievable.

Kev

Links, please, links!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Yep. It was the previews issue that they give to the comic shops a week (or so) before a book comes out. I think it's identical. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, if it's not 100% identical... you may be "advance viewing" the

35cent variants of the future.

99.9% of the time they are exactly identical. The only time they are not is when the publisher realizes they messed something up and went back to press. The DC Millenium of Mad Magazine that forgot to credit Gaines is an example. So was the Tangled Web 1 that had a different paper stock...

Links, please, links!!

Wish I had them! Mitch brought it up on the Lowry Comic Art-L Yahoo group today but he can't release any images.

I've seen some amazing Batman commissions done by Bill in the last six months and I'm amazed at every one that I've seen in person (I have no scans or I would share).

Kev

Well, I expect that Risso's art will not be as good as Lee's, but Azarello's writing will be infinitely better than Loeb's. I don't see what the hype was about Loeb or maybe it was just 100% manufactured Wizard type of hype. Azarello is the real deal and I will buy his run of Batman...and Superman too of course next year with Lee.