• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What other ages do you collect?

35 posts in this topic

I still have my bronze horror DC run, but am not really collecting those anymore, since I have them. I'll pick up the occasional Adams book, or SA book, more then likely because of the villain within. Mainly though it's pre 1948 Funny Animal, Barks & Pre Code horror.

Did collect JLA's and had a pretty good run but sold those for more pre-codes. Still am working on my Flash run but have slowed down this year due to my obsession with pre code horror and 10 and 12 cent DC horror/mystery/sci-fi(this is recent) up until 1964...love the boxed price covers.

Oh, still buy modern Flash and JSA/JLA but have mostly switched to buying trades...Conan, Y, Preacher, Goon, Transmetropolitan, Hellboy, BPRD, Desolation Jones, Fear Agent, Thunderbolts, Ultimate Spidey for a few examples

I have a full run of Conan, as well as other odds and ends from the SA, BA, and CA, but I don't actively collect them. I also pick up modern titles that have the members of the Marvel Family, just to see them in action, but I wouldn't call it "collecting" them; I only "collect" GA.

Other than GA, I collect moderns in hardcover. I especially like DCs new Absolutes. The Absolute Sandmans are beautiful.

I still have some Silver and Bronze runs that I collected 15 to 20 years ago, but every day I get closer to sending the high grade stuff to CGC and getting out of them all together. I also have some worthless 80s books that I collected as a kid, that I hang onto for sentimental reasons, even though they are worthless.

I like Walking Dead so much I occasionally consider picking up a run of the single issues... but so far I've resisted.

I'm 99% GA! I had collected SA Spideys, but every time I purchased one I'd eventually sell it to help purchase more Golden Age. I eventually decided to stop collecting SA all together and focus on GA Actions, Detectives, and the occassional Timely war cover. :cloud9:

I'm 99% GA! I had collected SA Spideys, but every time I purchased one I'd eventually sell it to help purchase more Golden Age. I eventually decided to stop collecting SA all together and focus on GA Actions, Detectives, and the occassional Timely war cover. :cloud9:
Says the man with an Invincible avatar confused.gif

Says the man with an Invincible avatar confused.gif

hmlol Hence the 99%. ;) I guess I do pick up 2 or 3 moderns per month to read.

I know some people make a distinction between Golden & Atomic Age, so put me down for Atomic Age. I'll buy SA keys to use for trades or to sell to finance other books (usually GA/AA).

I am an Atomic Age collector as well. I just recently bought a few early Tecs and some Wings books, but have less than 10 of them. I also collect full runs of Avengers and DD which makes me a Silver to Modern collector.

Mike

Hey! Someone else likes Tippy Teen! That must explain why I can't upgrade my trash copies, lol

Tippy Teen, Bunny and other Harvey squarebounds, Sugar & Spike, Stanley and his Monster, Stumbo the Giant, trying to finish off my run of Superman 1-150, and when that one's done I'll start on Batman 1-150 too.

Back in the day I was a Marvel Zombie and had at one time or another every SA Marvel book and most of the Bronze, and I had full runs of Justice League, Green Lantern and Flash at one time too. I kept buying modern stuff right up through Civil War, but lost interest during the Megaseries Of The Month syndrome and have quit buying new books completely. I MAY go back and pick up a couple Ultimate titles...eventually...in the 50 cent boxes at conventions, but I'm really much more interested in Gold these days.

Hey! Someone else likes Tippy Teen! That must explain why I can't upgrade my trash copies, lol

Tippy Teen, Bunny and other Harvey squarebounds, Sugar & Spike, Stanley and his Monster, Stumbo the Giant, trying to finish off my run of Superman 1-150, and when that one's done I'll start on Batman 1-150 too.

Back in the day I was a Marvel Zombie and had at one time or another every SA Marvel book and most of the Bronze, and I had full runs of Justice League, Green Lantern and Flash at one time too. I kept buying modern stuff right up through Civil War, but lost interest during the Megaseries Of The Month syndrome and have quit buying new books completely. I MAY go back and pick up a couple Ultimate titles...eventually...in the 50 cent boxes at conventions, but I'm really much more interested in Gold these days.

Shortly after DC started Countdown I swore off mega-crossover events. My wallet and I have been much happier since.