• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What other ages do you collect?

35 posts in this topic

I'm curious to discover if you GA folk mostly stick to gold or if you venture out into other areas. I know pulps are popular, but how about silver, bronze, copper, or moderns?

For me: I used to have the great silver/bronze/copper collection but it got sold long ago. I have no desire to recreate it. Right now, my focus is on golden age GGA, bronze/modern DC war, and I buy moderns from the newstand.

Used to collect Silver Age JLA, World's Finest, & 80 Page Giants, but either sold or put the JLAs and World's Finest on my site. I'm still actively collecting the 80 Pagers. Just last month I bought the last book I needed to complete the 56 book set. Now I'm upgrading some, and sending others to CGC(about half are currently slabbed and half raw).

ourarmyatwar164.jpg

worldsfinest161.jpg

As for bronze, I'm a sucker for Adams Batman, Brave & the Bold, Detective, and Strange Adventures. I'm chipping away at completing books from those series with interior Adams art in 9.0 or better.

batman243.jpg

detective402.jpg

I don't buy the weekly moderns anymore, but I still actively buy trades. Daredevil, The Walking Dead, etc. I was a big SIP and Y:The Last Man fan.

GA only
:o

was going to take a stab at SA spideys, but really, no challenge, so I have already dismissed (I did complete the entire marvel SA and all DC Superhero SA back in the late 80's/early 90's though...so, I have been there and done that)

GA only

Yeah ... but you do read most moderns even though you're not collecting them. That counts.

yes, I do read most moderns, but my customers copies before they pick up their subs lol , I don't really collect them , though I do have some issues that I didn't sell :)

GA only

Yeah ... but you do read most moderns even though you're not collecting them. That counts.

yes, I do read most moderns, but my customers copies before they pick up their subs lol , I don't really collect them , though I do have some issues that I didn't sell :)

What's good enough that you actually kept a copy?

Also, is sweetcakes Bedrock only reading books and not keeping any? What sez you Richie? You read customers copies like Gator and don't keep any?

I "have" lots of SA/BA but at this point I collect 10 centers with a very occasional 12 center for luck.

I have a few moderns that are not reprints but that was from a 2 year period in the mid 90s when I was regularly picking up a few titles. I was not before and have never since regularly bought newstand comics. I do pick up TPBs (modern and reprint) but since I'm behind by about 150 on reading them that has slowed considerably.

Gold, Silver, Bronze and Modern...

With the exception of a few Silver/Bronze keys that I still have to get, I will be focusing on Gold only.

I am GA all the way!!! :banana:

I have kept myself focused on GA comics (and pulps), but if/when i stray, I would probably go after the pre-hero Monster Marvels (TTA, ST, JIM, etc). Love that stuff. Silverage has some primo material of that nature on ebay right now, its hard not to bid!!

Would also like to complete the Fantastic Four run that my uncle passed down to me (in 1982 or so ... i was 12... it was a GREAT day! :cloud9:) ... it starts at #17, misses a few issues until about 28, then its complete until 97. would love to pick up the early missing issues! FF 1 through 6 is some GREAT reading.

. would love to pick up the early missing issues! FF 1 through 6 is some GREAT reading.

agreed, I have all the marvel essentials (at $8.00 cost to me from diamond, tough not to buy and read!)

All.

I collect double covers of all ages, as well as Amazing Spider-Man of all ages (though I pretty much stopped at 400 right now).

I am still buying copper/moderns that I wanted and couldn't afford as a kid and I buy low grade SA keys/semi-keys when I see a good buy.