• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 7 at Heritage goes for 143,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

293 posts in this topic

Eric Roberts? hm

Nope. I'm on the phone with Buffyfan and he said the winner was sitting next to him... doesn't want to be identified.

I wonder why, it is not like everyone that is there can't identify him (shrug)

What's the best copy worth now?

My brain is cracked.

I need to rethink pretty much every value I've ever attached to a comic book.

you and me both...the primo stuff just keeps going higher and higher!

Eric Roberts? hm

Nope. I'm on the phone with Buffyfan and he said the winner was sitting next to him... doesn't want to be identified.

Maybe he's an agent. (shrug)

Eric Roberts? hm

good point

Eric Roberts? hm

good point

Nope. My understanding this is going in his collection (that already has one).

All it would take is for someone like Nic Cage to get bitten by the bug again.I personally am surprised it's taken so long for comics to get to this point.Baseball cards featuring VERY obscure players fetching upwards of 3 mil,coins routinely breaking the million dollar barrier when the only difference from one to another is the date?Action 7 is HOT popular culture,scarce and UNIQUE from any other issue featuring Supes.In fact that formula applies to any early GA comic for the most part.With CGC adding a sense of security and the internet broadening the market base,it surprises me that we don't have 5 or 10 different comics routinely breaking a half-million.It's just a matter of time.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

An amazing price, and certainly the result of two very aggressive bidders. I doubt this price for this book will be matched for quite some time. This is a collector purchase, not a dealer looking to turn around and make 20+% on it.

An amazing price, and certainly the result of two very aggressive bidders. I doubt this price for this book will be matched for quite some time. This is a collector purchase, not a dealer looking to turn around and make 20+% on it.

True dat

Honus Wagner (shrug)
That's pretty much the only one I'm aware of at that scale. It's a scarcity issue anyway because he had almost all of them recalled and destroyed because he was anti-smoking. Maybe, what, 7 escaped?

the price IS stunning, but not so stunning when you break down the bidding. The key aspect is the bid increment after 100K goes to 10K a bid. It closed last night at 90...asking 95. So all it took was three more bids. Thats not exactly a "bidding war". A bidding war is two guys with paddles or one on the phone etc who go back and forth with the price skyrocketing. Here, you had all the (lowly) online guys inching it upward, and 2 or three floor bids, one at 110 and the winner at 120.

Just another day at the office, boys! So who won it? And what else does he collect?