• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Iron Man Trailer

63 posts in this topic

Sadly in 5 years when myspace has long since been replaced by some other site and we watch our Iron Man movie on dvd, it will already seem dated.

I see your point, but doesn't Stark say that line to a soldier in a Humvee? I gather from the trailer that the scenes with the US military are set in the present day, in Iraq/Afghanistan somewhere, transporting and updating the origin sequences of TOS 39 from Vietnam to the Middle East. So while a reference to Myspace is a hipster pop-cultural in-joke, it's also true that lots of soldiers deployed today are highly tech-savvy young men and women who maintain Myspace pages, Friendster accounts, upload stuff to Youtube, Flickr, etc., etc., just like their civilian peers. So yeah, in five years' time the Myspace bit will date it, but it will also help to make it a fairly accurate snapshot (for fantasy, at least) of the period during which the story itself takes place...

The only thing that upsets me is that he falls on a 66 ford cobra. He couldnt fall on a focus or fusion or something?? come on!!

It's not real - it's all CGI. :makepoint:

It's like getting mad at Fred Flintstone for punching Barney.

The one thing conspicuous by its abscence? The villain! Maybe that's what they're saving for the release hm

Don't we see Iron Monger in one scene?

Who's Iron Monger?

doh!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Monger

Count me in the minority of comic fans who have no idea who Iron Monger is.

I am just about to finish my Iron Man #1-100 (1968-1974) run. Missing issues #18 & 55 and will start reading them when the set is complete.

looking forward to reading about this Iron-Monger villain.

Then again he doesn't get a mention in 1-100 overstreet notes so maybe II will learn from the movie. Is he a post 1974 creation?

*Edit*

I just read J.C.'s wiki link. He doesn't make his first appearence until issue #200.

Maybe I will get to that when I gain some interest in reading post 1980's comics

Russ...

The only thing that upsets me is that he falls on a 66 ford cobra. He couldnt fall on a focus or fusion or something?? come on!!

It's not real - it's all CGI. :makepoint:

It's like getting mad at Fred Flintstone for punching Barney.

Whew thanks. i hated when Fred picked on Barney too.

I didnt think they did that with cars. i know in gone in 60 seconds they went through like 20 gt500's.

I didnt think they did that with cars.

No, they actually assembled a two-ton armored guy and used him to crush a car. doh!

These funny book movies are all one big CGI cartoon.

From the trailer it looks pretty good...i was suprised by it, since I.M. isn't a top 3 character.

surprised they didn't ruined immediately like they did for all the others (hulk, dd, elektra, punisher, ghost rider,...)

Oh yeah, and having a good actor doesn´t hurt either...

regards

Still has the possibility for lameness, and IM still looks like a Transformer when he fights, but it still looks pretty good.

And Downey seems like he's actually off the heroin.

:D yeah, it still has a lot of room for lameness, hang on to it Joe, don't let a good trailer fool you ;)

(thumbs u

regards

car was real. Iron Man crashing a composite CGI shot. Cut to real metal suit sitting on real crushed car. Whats so hard or innovative about that scene sequence?

I am just saying that the chances it was a fully-outfitted car, rather than a set model enhanced with CGI, are very low.

The only reason to wreck actual cars these days is for a realistic driving scene.

And Downey seems like he's actually off the heroin.

I wondering what drug he is on now hm

Feosol!

Jeff Bridges is Obadiah Stane! This is gonna be good! I love the previews!

The only role Bridges would be even better at is Flintheart Glomgold!