• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

Well, I just got back the imaging from my last submission and it's a bit of a mixed bag for me. I thought I was submitting three 9.2's and one 8.0 or 8.5. Here is what I got back:

This is what I was basically expecting...

151658-002.jpg

This one came in one grade lower, but at least in the ballpark....

151658-003.jpg

This is the one that baffles me. I bought this from mycomicshop.com as a 9.0, but when I got it, I thought it was an 8.0 or 8.5. Clean book, no creases or stress marks. No fingerprints or soiling. Firmly bound, no tearing at staples. The only real defects were two spine ticks and very minor abrasion at three corners. But then it comes back as this. I guess I'll have to call to get graders notes to see what I'm missing here...

151658-004.jpg

But, this last book makes up for it a bit (even though I had planned on selling the Hawkman books and keeping the Flash for myself, which is what still makes it a bummer)...

151658-001.jpg