• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,943 posts in this topic

She's not pretty, but She's my grail! Sorry for the Frankenstein scan. Big thanks to Roulette44 for the hookup!

:whee:

7018343273_31e94070e9_c.jpg

Any AF #15 is better than not having one at all. Congrats! :applause:

It's always nice to come home and find the CGC box waiting for you :grin:

From a dollar box at a local show about a year ago.

CGC98TheBatmanAdventures12.jpg

From the same vendor's dollar box about 6 months ago. Highest and only 9.8.

CGC98Fenforce.jpg

From the local swapmeet a couple months ago from another dollar box (I love them dollar boxes :grin:). It was going to be a keeper, but came back 9.6 :sorry:

CGC96UncannyX-Men248.jpg

Purchased these two at Image Comic Expo

CGC98WalkingDead94ImageExpo.jpg

CGC98ThiefofThievesImageExpo.jpg

And my 2nd Sonic 226 SDCC Exclusive

CGC98Sonic226ConventionExclusive.jpg

Arrived today - an assortment of mags. These were all purchased by me off the stands except the Captain Britains (I bought these and some others in the 70s but I can't remember from which dealer - I want to say Joe and Peter and Kock, but I am not sure).

Thanks to Joey for his gentle caress

Some Justice Machines with back cover scans since they have some cool art.

44b1f563.jpg

28fb8e32.jpg

b3a70d23.jpg

29bc97e7.jpg

2bc92181.jpg

e2388e0a.jpg

First set of submissions from LSCC came back yesterday. Also my first ever Sig Series subs.

Apologies for the poor scans, my scanner has died so I had to scan them at the office on their shoddy excuses for IT.

Thanks to DWC for facilitating (And especially to LloydJBailey for donating his red paint pen to Simon Bisley for the Aliens sig). Also thanks to Chromium for his fantastic guide on safely cracking slabs to allow me to re-home the NM 18 into it’s new yellow label slab.

First up New Mutants18, signed by Stan Lee and Bill Sienkiewicz. Strange how much Bills sig has changed from the one originally used on the cover art (Just to the left of Dani’s head). I’m a little peeved with Stan’s sig, he seemed to use the fattest tipped silver pen available (Despite me handing him a mid sized tipped one I’d brought specifically for the sig). The fat tip makes the sig look a little blurred.

NM_18_A.jpg

Next, Uncanny X-Men 514b signed by Stan.

UXM_514b_A.jpg

Finally, DHP : Aliens signed by Simon Bisley ( Aliens + Bisley + 9.8 = :cloud9: )

DHP_Aliens_1_A.jpg

Now I’m just waiting on the non fast track moderns and my economy fast tracks to come home.

First set of submissions from LSCC came back yesterday. Also my first ever Sig Series subs.

Apologies for the poor scans, my scanner has died so I had to scan them at the office on their shoddy excuses for IT.

Thanks to DWC for facilitating (And especially to LloydJBailey for donating his red paint pen to Simon Bisley for the Aliens sig). Also thanks to Chromium for his fantastic guide on safely cracking slabs to allow me to re-home the NM 18 into it’s new yellow label slab.

First up New Mutants18, signed by Stan Lee and Bill Sienkiewicz. Strange how much Bills sig has changed from the one originally used on the cover art (Just to the left of Dani’s head). I’m a little peeved with Stan’s sig, he seemed to use the fattest tipped silver pen available (Despite me handing him a mid sized tipped one I’d brought specifically for the sig). The fat tip makes the sig look a little blurred.

NM_18_A.jpg

Next, Uncanny X-Men 514b signed by Stan.

UXM_514b_A.jpg

Finally, DHP : Aliens signed by Simon Bisley ( Aliens + Bisley + 9.8 = :cloud9: )

DHP_Aliens_1_A.jpg

Now I’m just waiting on the non fast track moderns and my economy fast tracks to come home.

Very cool sigs :applause:

What a wonderful pick-up! In a dollar box and comes back as a CGC 9.8?! Shout out to Harley Quinn on the cover too. I collect Harley Quinn, but I'm definitely missing that one. I'm envious!!

What a wonderful pick-up! In a dollar box and comes back as a CGC 9.8?! Shout out to Harley Quinn on the cover too. I collect Harley Quinn, but I'm definitely missing that one. I'm envious!!

Awesome pick up. (thumbs u