• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,943 posts in this topic

I got these back yesterday :whee:

9d0837f6.jpg

That's a Cookeville Pedigree copy. I don't think it's recognized by CGC, but neat nonetheless.

http://www.comicpedigrees.com/pedigrees.php#COOKSVILLE

(thumbs u

I mean no disrespect, but I am curious as to why you'd send in that Wolverine #55 variant with all those clearly visible spine ticks? It's a great cover, but 9.8 copies can be picked up for $30 or so ...

I mean no disrespect, but I am curious as to why you'd send in that Wolverine #55 variant with all those clearly visible spine ticks? It's a great cover, but 9.8 copies can be picked up for $30 or so ...

Your correct I got it graded because I really like the cover. It was the only one I had seen at a LCS. I might look for a higher graded book and send it in, meanwhile this might be a present some time to a collector who would appreciated it. :foryou:

On the lighter side the WD #4 I did real good considering my investment :applause:

PS I really wish the 19 came back better, but the back cover was not up to par

Edited by WEBHEAD

193282_o001.jpg

Out of the 12 unrestored books in the census.......mine is graded the lowest!

But I still love it, bought here off these boards from GermanFan.

Presents much nicer than a 4.0. And as long as you like the book and paid a fair price that's all that matters!

SLR

193282_o001.jpg

Out of the 12 unrestored books in the census.......mine is graded the lowest!

But I still love it, bought here off these boards from GermanFan.

Presents much nicer than a 4.0. And as long as you like the book and paid a fair price that's all that matters!

SLR

I think it is CGC's scan.

I thought the book would come back as a 3.5, so I am very happy with a 4.0

It seems since I have started collecting golden age books I have the lowest graded copy of a couple, and when I send in my my next submission with all Nedor/Better/Standard books I will have another 15 of the lowest graded copies. lol

I think it is CGC's scan.

FYI: When you choose the "image" option when submitting, CGC doesn't scan, they photograph.

No, really. We have scanners. We use scanners. :shy:

I was hammered on the boards when I showed the stamp Eastern Color File Copy.

Every kind of conspiracy theories that this book had been compromised by Danny D and his minions. One of the best was the married cover claim plus the trimmers. Ok the book came back and my $40 investment has paid off regardless of restored or not. CGC says that the bottom of the cover was trimmed and some small amount of color touch by an amature not a professional. However it is the 2nd highest graded PLOD and the 3rd highest graded book (among others). I still maintain that the stamp is authentic and that the restoration was done elsewhere. Why some insufficiently_thoughtful_person would tamper with a Near Mint book is a mystery.

nzf2j4.jpg

o8t4s4.jpg

ao8d1i.jpg

So disappointing to me I missed the crease on a $200 off 50% book so I got a 6.0 for $100

21jc0g3.jpg

This is another of the books I got from my LCS that was part of an original collection

zodrgw.jpg

The other books were

ASM #35 7.5

ASM # 46 9.4

ASM #59 9.4

ASM #65 9.2

ASM #91 9.2

ASM #48 8.5

ASM #72 8.0

The best one was an amazing surprise

FF #72 9.6 Second Highest graded one out of 19 books

I have one more to send in a ASM #73

My buddy managed to get a ASM #6 6.0 and ASM #129 9.8

Wow!!

Long time board watcher, not quite a first time poster...but I feel like it. I'm nearly illiterate when it comes to working with unstructured data files and media. I want to post in selling forums and I'm teaching myself how to include pictures.

That said, I'm practicing by posting my latest CGC submissions. It will get two birds with one stone because I'm pretty excited about the latest books CGC sent back this week!

Enjoy!

strangetales115

asm49

More than likely be posting this one in the selling forum since it's not in my collecting focus:

asm43

strangetales2

Let me know if you guys think I've done anything wrong or can do something better to maximize photo posts for your viewing pleasure (and mine).

Thanks for looking!

Just got these in from CGC.

002-27.jpg

colored & signed by Alex Sinclair and also signed by Jim Lee

006-26.jpg

Signed & sketched by Marat Mychaels and also signed by Stan Lee

004-26.jpg

Signed & Sketched by Jamie Tyndall and also signed by Stan Lee

001-28.jpg

Signed and sketched by Ebas

Edited by CollecDestination

I was hammered on the boards when I showed the stamp Eastern Color File Copy.

Every kind of conspiracy theories that this book had been compromised by Danny D and his minions. One of the best was the married cover claim plus the trimmers. Ok the book came back and my $40 investment has paid off regardless of restored or not. CGC says that the bottom of the cover was trimmed and some small amount of color touch by an amature not a professional. However it is the 2nd highest graded PLOD and the 3rd highest graded book (among others). I still maintain that the stamp is authentic and that the restoration was done elsewhere. Why some insufficiently_thoughtful_person would tamper with a Near Mint book is a mystery.

nzf2j4.jpg

I believe the Amateur distinction is due to the trimming, not teh CT. CT is differentiated between (A) and (P) by the colouring medium. Amateur is pen or marker, essentially