• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,954 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111133820600

This raw purchase has shipped today from CGC in it's new 9.8 white pages case. Call it my modern grail as it's been tough begging and threatening everyone to part with theirs. A best offer of $125 was accepted and the book got pressed and graded. I feel like I earned this one.

I made offers on that one too. Good work.

This raw purchase has shipped today from CGC in it's new 9.8 white pages case. Call it my modern grail as it's been tough begging and threatening everyone to part with theirs. A best offer of $125 was accepted and the book got pressed and graded. I feel like I earned this one.

Gratifying to say the least. Thanks

Good success story. Congrats! Be sure to post when you get the book!

Good success story. Congrats! Be sure to post when you get the book!

You bet (thumbs u

9736758654_d21a80337c_c.jpg

One of my favorite Marvel comics of all.

Mine also! When I first started collecting Marvels, I wrote a letter to them asking, if they had any back issues for sale. The only one, on the list that they sent me, that I needed was FF Annual #1. I sent them .35 for it and got it in a couple of weeks.

Do you still have it ?...That would be really cool if you did !

No, I sold the bulk of my collection to a dealer in 1989 when my wife and I were buying our house. If I still had that collection today, it would be worth more than the house!

Do you still have it ?...That would be really cool if you did !

No, I sold the bulk of my collection to a dealer in 1989 when my wife and I were buying our house. If I still had that collection today, it would be worth more than the house!

We did this very thing about 18 months ago. In just this short time, the books I sold have gone up quite a bit....I'm trying to replace some of them and I am getting sticker shock :o

but the cream of this collection was this book

Thor337CGC70.jpg

I have an extra 9.8 white pages if you want to swap for one of those high grade DC bronze first issues I don't have...

Seriously, this type of thing happens to minor leaguers like me, not big leaguers like you. The fading impacted the grade that severely?

Funny, Greggy gets 2 9.9's in his submission but all eyes focus on this turd lol

Edited by joeypost

Thor337CGC70.jpg

I have an extra 9.8 white pages if you want to swap for one of those high grade DC bronze first issues I don't have...

Seriously, this type of thing happens to minor leaguers like me, not big leaguers like you. The fading impacted the grade that severely?

Funny, Greggy gets 2 9.9's in his submission but all eyes focus on this turd lol

Why focus on the good ones when you can neggy greggy? :D

Thor337CGC70.jpg

The 9.9's were only .1 higher than I'm sure he expected. I wonder what he thought this would come back as? hm

Thor337CGC70.jpg

The 9.9's were only .1 higher than I'm sure he expected. I wonder what he thought this would come back as? hm

Thor337CGC70.jpg

What, and miss an opportunity to mock him? Not on my watch. :banana: