• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,943 posts in this topic

:) Missed on label Canadian Price Edition :(

Star%20Wars%2068%20CDN%209%204_zpsbwdl447l.jpg

CGC fails to properly label SO many of these Canadian Price Editions and other price variants. I know when I send one in I note it on the submission form but that still doesn't guarantee it will get on the label. Maybe a large Post-it note on the bag would help but then again the bag probably doesn't get past the initial receiving point at CGC. (shrug)

:) Missed on label Canadian Price Edition :(

Star%20Wars%2068%20CDN%209%204_zpsbwdl447l.jpg

CGC fails to properly label SO many of these Canadian Price Editions and other price variants. I know when I send one in I note it on the submission form but that still doesn't guarantee it will get on the label. Maybe a large Post-it note on the bag would help but then again the bag probably doesn't get past the initial receiving point at CGC. (shrug)

Yes, a curiously substantial weak spot in CGC's service. hm

A couple books I bought off the stands in Chicago many moons ago. Then moved with me to NYC. Then to Los Angeles. Then I sent them to Florida to be encased in plastic and sent back to me in L.A.

It's a strange addiction.

DL8l0X.jpg

hqFIS9.jpg

Strange indeed.

First ever submission to CGC. Just got it back :cloud9:

Really stoked to see a 9.4! Denver Comic Con seems like it was so long ago, but really it was only a 4 month wait. I expected it to take longer based on the forums.

2m5dmkp.jpg

Really stoked to see a 9.4! Denver Comic Con seems like it was so long ago, but really it was only a 4 month wait. I expected it to take longer based on the forums.

2m5dmkp.jpg

Welcome to the addiction

Common first submission problem. It will take longer the next time you submit

I sent in my first submission earlier this month. Curious as to what the common first submission problem is and why it will take longer next time. Thanks.

P.S. I still check daily hoping by miracle "received" will become "verified"

I sent in my first submission earlier this month. Curious as to what the common first submission problem is and why it will take longer next time. Thanks.

P.S. I still check daily hoping by miracle "received" will become "verified"

Oh I was just joking. My submissions have gone to verified in around a week IIRC. I've quit trying to stalk my submissions though, and try to only check once I get the shipment notice from CGC to see the grades. It's much more stress free that way.

From the Baltimore Con. I really like on site grading!

Really happy about this one. I bought 1-100 raw a little over two years ago for 3K. I had #1 graded last year and it also came back 9.8.

image_zpsfcf55z45.jpeg

I got this raw for $15. I plan on getting a first and third print as well. Not a key issue but I love the cover.

image_zps55elgfyv.jpeg

I love Blade. Very happy with this grade, it matches my #10.

image_zpsqcfqwija.jpeg

I bought the 1/2 for $5. I liked the foil cover. The 102.5 had one tiny spine tick with a speck of color break.

image_zps2irlhqge.jpeg

The #1 was a kick in the junk. I figured a 9.0 maybe 9.2 white pages. I was way off on that one.

image_zpsvnkg6w35.jpeg

Fresh from On Site Grading at Baltimore Comic Con, my first ever submissions. Was hoping for a little better than a 7.5 on the ASM 238 but the 9.8 on the ASM 252 more than made up for it! Both were spinner rack purchases by me as a kid. Guess I read the 238 too many times. :) The other grades were on par with what I expected. CGC Staff at booth 707 were awesome! I got the same level of service and attention as the guys dropping off short boxes.

2s004jt.jpg

2agphd.jpg

4ut2s5.jpg

2vln03s.jpg

bi1cu0.jpg

jujtvr.jpg

Curtis