• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,943 posts in this topic

8c345d39-f37e-436c-9413-7c9ff21cadba_zpsyxn8w9ur.jpg

03cb8968-19e5-4e95-9dd9-fde80d6fcc1d_zpsvpdd9inh.jpg

All those sweet books and still no scanner.

Would it help to scan them if they never leave those bags? hm

8c345d39-f37e-436c-9413-7c9ff21cadba_zpsyxn8w9ur.jpg

03cb8968-19e5-4e95-9dd9-fde80d6fcc1d_zpsvpdd9inh.jpg

All those sweet books and still no scanner.

Of course I have one of the best scanners now, but no point in scanning like Greggy and wasting space. :ohnoez:

Who needs a scanner on modern books you obviously seen every book posted a million times.

I like to see how many gift grades people get (shrug)

Got this beauty back this week. I restored the book myself about 10 years ago. Built a homemade leafcaster for the job (posted about it at the time, but can't find the original thread or before/after pics). Decided to have it signed by Stan Lee and get it graded. I used Doug Peters aka dscott aka Comic Sketch Art, who was awesome! I highly recommend using him for SS books. IMO the signature turned out perfect. The restoration came back exactly as I predicted (except for the married cover, its not married, but not a big deal), and the grade is slightly higher than I thought it would get (it looks a lot nicer than a 5.0, but CGC is really tough on restored books).

741437fb-c003-42e5-9167-8e294a6cc4bb_zpsljv4ctwu.jpg

Got this beauty back this week. I restored the book myself about 10 years ago. Built a homemade leafcaster for the job (posted about it at the time, but can't find the original thread or before/after pics). Decided to have it signed by Stan Lee and get it graded. I used Doug Peters aka dscott aka Comic Sketch Art, who was awesome! I highly recommend using him for SS books. IMO the signature turned out perfect. The restoration came back exactly as I predicted (except for the married cover, its not married, but not a big deal), and the grade is slightly higher than I thought it would get (it looks a lot nicer than a 5.0, but CGC is really tough on restored books).

What would lead them to believe that the cover is married if it isn't?

Perhaps too broad a definition for the word "married"? hm

Not sure. There is overhang on the back cover, so maybe they thought it was married. I can tell you its not married. But i don't think it matters with an extensively restored book.