• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.4 copy of AA #16?!

188 posts in this topic

Don't expect any Church Timely's to be slabbed soon, but certainly some big news regarding this book.

I'm guessing(and yes, I'm totally guessing) that we're going to hear an announcement of its sale for 1.2 mil.

Are there any other comic books that have sold for than that amount?

Don't expect any Church Timely's to be slabbed soon, but certainly some big news regarding this book.

I'm guessing(and yes, I'm totally guessing) that we're going to hear an announcement of its sale for 1.2 mil.

Are there any other comic books that have sold for than that amount?

None that I am aware of. I'd be skeptical if anyone had claimed a sale of that magnitude before this book sells.

Most of the gigantic pedigree books have remained in their respective collections for quite some time.

Its just great to finally see a MIle High Key in a slab that doesnt say very small color touch or very small amount of glue[ This book is one of a kind to be sure..What also is sure is that it is literally going to blow away the record for most valuable comicbook ever sold. It is going to blow the top off the record.

Books this huge usually sell privatly so I wouldnt be surprised.

WOW...

I have a feeling my chances of even owning a horrid- copy are slim to none...so, I'll just stare at that one;) :cloud9:

Does your friend Richard own a copy of #16?

I'm know he DID at one time, but he sold most of his books years ago, when his kids went to school. He had some fabulous books, like the Green Giant #1, that is pictured in the Gerber Guide...

He just likes comics...and has some contacts...I actually have SOME books that are not from him;) ;) ...but he likes seeing the ones I get from him posted on the board, so I do that...

Wouldnt you agree that this book is probably the 3rd or 4th most valuable comicbook ever!? Only trailing the Mile High Action 1 and the Allentown Detective 27.

I would agree it is right up there for sure. Top 5 to 7 that I can think of.

John also has the Marvel 1 MH.

Geppi still has the Whiz 1 MH.

Dave has the Allentown Tec 27 and MH Action1.

Flash 1 9.6

I can tell you for a fact in dealing with them that the truely big boys in the hobby dont like the attention a sale like this would make publically.they are usually done privatly.

I'm not so sure about that. The odds on favorite for this book is Geppi, and he has a vested interest in generating press about comics. Both for Diamond, and his museum.

I can tell you for a fact in dealing with them that the truely big boys in the hobby dont like the attention a sale like this would make publically.they are usually done privatly.

I'm not so sure about that. The odds on favorite for this book is Geppi, and he has a vested interest in generating press about comics. Both for Diamond, and his museum.

Yes I am sure but your right , the one exception is geppi.

let me rephrase that: I see no way anybody writes a check for that much for this book. I think its obviously a very sweet, very important key book. But IMO, ANY action or Tec 27 in better than 6.0 is a better buy than the GA Green Lantern's first appearance. I could see a mega trade deal with some cash, to one of the top three collectors.... but Ill eat my mylars if we read about a cash sale for 800K or more.

In a world where a 4.0 Action 1 sells for 200K and an 8.0 #7 gets 143K, sure 800 for a 9.4 scarce key sounds about right when you do the math. But you need a checkbook to make a sale. 400K tops.