• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.4 copy of AA #16?!

188 posts in this topic

Wouldnt you agree that this book is probably the 3rd or 4th most valuable comicbook ever!? Only trailing the Mile High Action 1 and the Allentown Detective 27.

I would agree it is right up there for sure. Top 5 to 7 that I can think of.

John also has the Marvel 1 MH.

Geppi still has the Whiz 1 MH.

Dave has the Allentown Tec 27 and MH Action1.

Flash 1 9.6

yes, these are the top books but im positive the AA16 would sell for higher than the much less popular whiz # 2. THERE ARE ONLY 3 BOOKS MORE VALUABLE.

let me rephrase that: I see no way anybody writes a check for that much for this book. I think its obviously a very sweet, very important key book. But IMO, ANY action or Tec 27 in better than 6.0 is a better buy than the GA Green Lantern's first appearance. I could see a mega trade deal with some cash, to one of the top three collectors.... but Ill eat my mylars if we read about a cash sale for 800K or more.

In a world where a 4.0 Action 1 sells for 200K and an 8.0 #7 gets 143K, sure 800 for a 9.4 scarce key sounds about right when you do the math. But you need a checkbook to make a sale. 400K tops.

I can't imagine that Verzyl would even entertain an offer of 400K.

let me rephrase that: I see no way anybody writes a check for that much for this book. I think its obviously a very sweet, very important key book. But IMO, ANY action or Tec 27 in better than 6.0 is a better buy than the GA Green Lantern's first appearance. I could see a mega trade deal with some cash, to one of the top three collectors.... but Ill eat my mylars if we read about a cash sale for 800K or more.

In a world where a 4.0 Action 1 sells for 200K and an 8.0 #7 gets 143K, sure 800 for a 9.4 scarce key sounds about right when you do the math. But you need a checkbook to make a sale. 400K tops.

since he turned down double that, i would tend to agree

Considering the number of MH Adventures and other books Geppi is letting go of youd think it makes sense that maybe he is trying to gather up funds for a book like this.

Geppi needs to sell books to build cash to buy this book? lol.

Like Mel gibson owns Malibu, Geppi owns Baltimore. The only thing geppi builds cash for is to pay his ballplayers

are you seriously expecting the sale price to be 800K or more?

no price surprises me anymore in this hobby, especially if the big boys are involved.

coverless Action 1.

8.0 Action 7.

MH Adventures.

all surpassed what I expected.

no price surprises me anymore in this hobby, especially if the big boys are involved.

coverless Action 1.

8.0 Action 7.

MH Adventures.

Just wait 'til my Lois Lanes sell for one beeeeeeellion dollars!

coverless Action 1.

8.0 Action 7.

MH Adventures.

Just wait 'til my Lois Lanes sell for one beeeeeeellion dollars!

now THAT !! would surprise me ! lol

just kiddin' buddy, I hope they do. (thumbs u

well, I think that the trick. Some books today are "worth" more than they are Worth long before they actually sell. What I am implying is that some books like this are somewhat "unsellable" as stupid as that sounds.

well, I think that the trick. Some books today are "worth" more than they are Worth long before they actually sell. What I am implying is that some books like this are somewhat "unsellable" as stupid as that sounds.

hm

since he turned down double that, i would tend to agree

Was that a one time offer?

Id rather pony up 2 million for the Action1 than 800K for the AA16. Even 3 million... if I had it.

Im not enjoying being so out of step with all of you... I just dont see it.

I could see a mega trade deal with some cash, to one of the top three collectors.... but Ill eat my mylars if we read about a cash sale for 800K or more.

Hope you like the taste of mylars then.

This sale will blow you out of the water and generate a ton of press.

I tried to hint in the thread on the 6.0 AA16.

Id rather pony up 2 million for the Action1

That offer was apparently turned down, as well.

I know...hence the reference. Of course, we know who made the offer, and why, and when. Frankly I could offer Dave 10 million safely knowing he wouldnt say yes! Not to say JP wasnt serious about the number. Anyway-- the MH Action 1 may as well not exist at all IMO because it isnt changing hands for at least 30 years. (just a guess)

Considering the number of MH Adventures and other books Geppi is letting go of youd think it makes sense that maybe he is trying to gather up funds for a book like this.
The only thing geppi builds cash for is to pay his ballplayers
I wish he'd raise some to keep paying his freelancers.

I'm obviously a true believer in high priced comic books, and I've been trying to wrap my head around this book, in a slab, being sold without much luck so far. I heard that it was in a holder, which meant only one thing- we have a new world record sale price on our hands. The thing is, reading this thread, the number appears to be so high as to be perverse. I've complained that my entire comics value framework is screwed up because of the recent sales. This thing? This thing has basically knocked me on my .

In a good way, of course.

The only thing geppi builds cash for is to pay his ballplayers
I wish he'd raise some to keep paying his freelancers.

well thats only because we are in a recession.

well, if you believe that than I quess you believe geppi needs to sell books to build cash..