• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees....

732 posts in this topic

Picked up these recently...both books I've wanted since I was a teenager, seeing them for the first time in a mid 70's OSPG. The Stuntman is a Mile High and it's still sinking in that I own a real Church book....and one that I really care about. I'm going to have to be careful not to pick up a taste for pedigree books with my lower income bracket. These don't compare to the stuff you guys post, but I figured I'd share what I could. I've been a Frazetta nut since the Ace Paperback days, so the Thunda is a book that I would want to be one of the last books I'd sell when that time comes. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

STUNTMAN-MILEHIGH.jpg

THUNDA-OKAJIMA.jpg

Those are two sweet books Jim (thumbs u The Stuntman is like an old friend. That was one of the batch that Burrel Rowe originally got from Chuck. It stayed with Camelot when Burrel handed the store to his manager Willie Patterson (who recently passed). It was then available through a local shop called Happy Trails for a few years and finally sold in the early nineties. There were two or three times where I almost bought it. But at a $1000 - $1500 in the eighties it was always just a little more than I wanted to spend.

Picked up these recently...both books I've wanted since I was a teenager, seeing them for the first time in a mid 70's OSPG. The Stuntman is a Mile High and it's still sinking in that I own a real Church book....and one that I really care about. I'm going to have to be careful not to pick up a taste for pedigree books with my lower income bracket. These don't compare to the stuff you guys post, but I figured I'd share what I could. I've been a Frazetta nut since the Ace Paperback days, so the Thunda is a book that I would want to be one of the last books I'd sell when that time comes. GOD BLESS...

STUNTMAN-MILEHIGH.jpg

THUNDA-OKAJIMA.jpg

Those are two sweet books Jim (thumbs u The Stuntman is like an old friend. That was one of the batch that Burrel Rowe originally got from Chuck. It stayed with Camelot when Burrel handed the store to his manager Willie Patterson (who recently passed). It was then available through a local shop called Happy Trails for a few years and finally sold in the early nineties. There were two or three times where I almost bought it. But at a $1000 - $1500 in the eighties it was always just a little more than I wanted to spend.

Thanks for the info Richard.....I was curious about all that, you must've read my mind (which usually doesn't take long at all lol ). It was WAY more than I could afford, but actually went for quite a bit less than guide. I want to take it out of the slab BAD.....trying not to, as I'd turn it into a 9.2 in short order. I own an Airboy V10/3 Mile High...only 6.5 and probably snagged by Church used....I don't really count it as a TRUE Mile High. My buddy Lewis has a large chunk of the Justice Traps The Guilty MH run and they're raw and awesome.....it's going to take nerves of steel to leave this slabbed. Maybe someone has some nerves of steel I could borrow for a while.....GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12

Two beauties indeed... :cloud9: Nice pick ups. Congratulations.

STUNTMAN-MILEHIGH.jpg

THUNDA-OKAJIMA.jpg

STUNTMAN-MILEHIGH.jpg

THUNDA-OKAJIMA.jpg

:applause: I'm speechless! Stunning books Jim; congratulations!!! :applause:

STUNTMAN-MILEHIGH.jpg

THUNDA-OKAJIMA.jpg

I know the owner of the book before you purchased it. I had a chance to see the book in hand before it was slabbed. It's a real beauty!! Congrats on being the new owner!!

SLR

Beautiful painted cover! I read the Tom Corbett's as a kid, sort of a sci-hi Hardy Boys type adventure.

I'm jealous of the Thunda #1. OWW pages - Okajima Pedigree. Looks nicer than technical grade. This one deserves a golfclap. :golfclap:

the thun'da is KILLER. cheetah's 'frisco right behind it ain't too shabby, either.