• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got my grail (almost)

87 posts in this topic

Not much fun keeping books in a box....

That's true... lol I do change it up now and then... I now have slabs in my night stand and dresser drawers.. :)

You need a website to display your work :baiting:

Not much fun keeping books in a box....

That's true... lol I do change it up now and then... I now have slabs in my night stand and dresser drawers.. :)

You need a website to display your work :baiting:

Working on it.... ;)

Congrats, Count. I's amazing to see how many of these books are trimmed - I just saw in GPA that there are 33 sales of resto with trimmed cover. I am sure that in a few years when the PLOD stigma wears out you will be holding a piece worth its weight in gold. And it's a beauty to display, as well - You have to get it in one of those Frame it Again Sam frames!

"Frame it Again Sam frames"?

I ordered a couple of these to display some slabs. They also have frames for raw books too. Frame It Again Sam

:eek:

it's not so bad, just get used to being broke...

:grin:

No kidding! I'm only now slowly creeping out from under my grail, and even then I've still got a ways to go. Cant wait to see what it will be like when I get my AF 15. doh!

lol I'm not. I can't tell you how many people I know (3 ;) ) who have some nice low grade copies for sale one of whom I'm relatively certain would do time payments on it. But, silly as it might sound, there is a TON of other stuff I've had to pass on as a result. No regrets mind you, but taking on this uber-grail would put out of the buying circuit for close to a year--longer then I'd like.

But like Mushroom Chuck said, too many people are passing on back issues today--couldn't have anything to do with the recession, you know?-)

Congrats, Count. I's amazing to see how many of these books are trimmed - I just saw in GPA that there are 33 sales of resto with trimmed cover. I am sure that in a few years when the PLOD stigma wears out you will be holding a piece worth its weight in gold. And it's a beauty to display, as well - You have to get it in one of those Frame it Again Sam frames!

"Frame it Again Sam frames"?

He sells wooden frames that let you slide the cgc graded book into. Check out the showcase comic room thread and you will see a couple on my wall that I posted. Great book by the way.

(thumbs u

:grin:

How many forumites actually display books?

Any worries about fading etc?

I display mine in a dark room. I'm not worried the room is below ground. With no direct light at them.

Congrats on picking up your grail COunt! You can never go wrong with an AF #15.. I certainly missed mine when I had em :(. But, I'm looking to pick up a copy in the near future, after trying to complete my pre-robin tecs.

So I just got this message from the the seller.....

Hello, I have added an extra bonus for your fast payment. Your item will be shipped within the next 24 hours. I'm sure you will be very pleased with your AF #15. It is much better than its grade. Thanks again

I'm so siked...

willy_nilly.gifwilly_nilly.gifwilly_nilly.gifwilly_nilly.gifwilly_nilly.gifwilly_nilly.gifwilly_nilly.gif