• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First Grail.

26 posts in this topic

This afternoon I retrieved a package from my neighbor that was supposed to be sent to me. I opened it, and lo and behold, inside was a comic book. Not just any comic book, a copy of Captain America #100 :o . This is the book I have wanted since I was 8 years old and had read my first Captain America book, #241. Ever since then, Cap has been my favorite superhero. And today, I finally have a copy of my grail. Also, in this package, was a note from the board member sckao. He had given me this book out of kindness and I thank him very much. (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

Not only does is book my grail, but it also is the last piece I needed to complete my run of Captain America 100-117. I could not have finished this without sckao's help.

Thanks Shin.

No problem. It wasn't out of kindness... It was for all your help advertising the VCC on other boards. Consider it a Mystery Box! (thumbs u

(It's not a great copy

Thanks to Marc from HouseOfComics.com for holding it at WonderCon and then sending it to you.

NICE ! I will be picking one up this year. I just passed on a 9.0 for 150.00 . Completeing runs and picking up grails is good news !

$150????? I would have picked it up for THAT and I don't even collect Caps!

Congratulations. It's a great issue (Kirby's art explodes from every page) from a great time in Marvel history. If your interests lead you in this direction, working backwards into Tales of Suspense is a treat. Most issues are readily available and probably easier on the pocket book than some of the later Caps. It may get you hooked on Iron Man. Happy reading.