• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #122 bought off of a small pic...

55 posts in this topic

yeah the comic is trashed no way its 9. range :(

that spine looks really clean and white.. On Saturday the book should be in....

here is a 9.2

asm12294mu3.jpg

cornersfg4.jpg

WEBHEAD

well now looking at these new pics it does not seem as bad... hopefully its half decent at least!

as they say in the PGM forum.... small pics never tell the real story. :makepoint:... so i can only hope.. hm. that when it comes in , it will be that the buyer bought it and stored it in '75 (thumbs u ( per his post ) he had a 121 that went for $141 ( looked good as well )

and if that is true

:whistle:

WEBHEAD

My two rules for buying comics on eBay are:

1. Don't buy comics off eBay anymore,

and 2. if I didn't follow rule #1, then only buy the comic if I can get it for about 2 grade lower in price than what it's advertised as being.

Hopefully it will work out well for you. I'm a little surprised that one example of a 9.2 got a NM- though. Cover looks nice, but that upper right corner and top edge are a little too bothersome to me. If we were over in the PGM section, I'd probably give it a 8.5 :shrug:

Hopefully it will work out well for you. I'm a little surprised that one example of a 9.2 got a NM- though. Cover looks nice, but that upper right corner and top edge are a little too bothersome to me. If we were over in the PGM section, I'd probably give it a 8.5 :shrug:

must have been graded on either a monday or a friday

since it's slabed with the seal of "approval" at least it's a 9.2'

WEBHEAD

a word of advice...don't post about an auction until you actually have the book in hand.

someone here did that about a badly misdescribed auction where they paid nothing for a very valuable item and word got back to the seller who did not follow through with the sale. how much was our forumite out potentially? was it in the thousands?

In this case, what's the point of pointing it out? You'll have the book an saturday and if it's what you hoped for/didn't hope for , then let us all know what's up!

someone here did that about a badly misdescribed auction where they paid nothing for a very valuable item and word got back to the seller who did not follow through with the sale. how much was our forumite out potentially? was it in the thousands?

More info? Link?

More info? Link?

Yeah, sounds like this could be a good story. :popcorn: