• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JC, Greggy, Doc Watson and drbanner BANNED!

208 posts in this topic

Funny thing is those guys barely post anymore.

That's because everything worth saying has already been said. Now its just a circle jerk.

:o

Whenever I look at that book, I can't help but think about what it must have been like to have been around in June of 1962, and coming across that book on the stands.

I wish I could gather the collective memories of everyone who bought one new.

RMA Quote:

Whenever I look at that book, I can't help but think about what it must have been like to have been around in June of 1962, and coming across that book on the stands.

Question:

Do you remember the first ASM you ever bought off the rack? mine was #101 the 25 center, I though the double sized comic was a great deal back then with my paper route money.

RMA Quote:

Question:

Do you remember the first ASM you ever bought off the rack? mine was #101 the 25 center, I though the double sized comic was a great deal back then with my paper route money.

I'm not a huge ASM fan, but the first one would have been #332...maybe #333? I know by #334, I was a regular subscriber.

My first BATMAN I bought off the rack, however, was #437.

I still own THAT copy. It's a nice F/VF.

:cloud9:

RMA Quote:

Question:

.... my first was # 58....... but I didn't start picking them up regularly until # 64. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

RMA Quote:

Question:

I remember it clearly enough to know that ASM 101 was 15 cents? :shrug:

:gossip: and my memory is terrible.

RMA Quote:

Question:

I remember it clearly enough to know that ASM 101 was 15 cents? :shrug:

:gossip: and my memory is terrible.

... he probably meant 102...... and with Moribus and the Lizard both on the cover, who could walk away without it ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The first ASM I bought at the store was #147. Still have it - pretty well read. I was 9.

Talk about shockingly ironic (unless this is an April fools gag)...

That is the exact same book I bought as my first comic ever

and I still have it...

127433.jpg

127434.jpg

I had Stan sign the indica in 2012.

The first ASM I bought at the store was #147. Still have it - pretty well read. I was 9.

Talk about shockingly ironic (unless this is an April fools gag)...

That is the exact same book I bought as my first comic ever

and I still have it...

127433.jpg

127434.jpg

I had Stan sign the indica in 2012.

Small world-- not an April Fools joke either. Here are my scans-- my book has the MVS cut out and no Stan Lee sig.

JcQdmgul.jpg

9uMMP9ll.jpg

and the MVS is #42 Man Wolf second from far left 2nd row....

2lB0Pdbl.jpg