• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: I'm having a bad day, and more books from ATOMICAVENUE just added to my pain

48 posts in this topic

I had the same problem with eBid. Guy sent out an overgraded book, bagged and boarded, in a bubble mailer. My mailman bent it to get it in the mailbox. Seller refunded my money only after a PayPal claim. When I returned the book, he wrote back and said the book looked fine to him, the backer board did it's job.

Mile High has always under graded any book I have ordered from them. I check them out often. Great customer service. I only buy on sale items. Prices are sky high, otherwise.

Mycomicshop slightly over grades and has bad customer service. They have too many books to take questions on specific books.

You Sir.....have been screwed......with no lube.

....Thank You Sir.....May I have another.....

Chalk it up to a ....Live and Learn experience, now get some Christmas Spirit and donate the books to a kids home/orphanage/shelter, as some kid may think it's the Cat's Meow to hold some of those books......you can take out the proverbial trash and just maybe feel good about doing it as well-Peace CC. :angel:

I ordered from Atomic Avenue 4 different times over a 3 month period. Inexpensive orders of about $20 or so each to check out how I liked it. Everything overgraded by at least a full grade each time (NM really a VF or Fine, luckily no VGs or worse), however my last order I never received. Contacted AA after I got no response to two emails to the seller over a week (hey I'm patient). AA contacted the seller and then the seller called me about the order and apologized for not responding to my email because he was very busy. Said he would refund my money and was concerned about a bad fb from me. I said I wasn't going to leave a bad fb on anyone over a $20 problem. Seller said he had duplicates and would mail them out if I wanted those instead of a refund. I said sure. I was kindof impressed that AA took an active role over a $20 order and that the seller would call me. Then the second mailing never arrived - the seller verified my address over the phone so he had it right - both times (no refund either). Then I just moved on. I won't order from the site again.

Most people won't complain. That's just the reality.

And those that DO complain are labeled "problems" and harassed by vicious sellers. It's amazing what some sellers have done over the years.

The sad fact is, most sellers DON'T know any better, but they always seem to err in their favor, don't they?

I actually have an odd respect for sellers like Robojo...at least he will refund all your money if you discover his "alterations."

And there are STILL buyers who leave him glowing feedback, even when they know of his game playing!

After all...every single one of us who did NOT complain, did NOT think it "worth our time" to say something, did NOT address the situation....we are the ones to blame for why things have been so bad for so long.

And it's laughable to "not give that seller our business"...they don't care, because it doesn't hurt them. For every one of us that does that, 10 more will gladly step in our place.

And VERY, VERY few are willing to pay a premium to sellers they KNOW will provide them with higher quality. No, everyone wants the lowest price possible, from whomever they can get it.

Why fight the tide?

I have been fortunate with AA so far. Everytime I have had a problem with shipment or selling not shipping book I have been refunded.

What does irk me thought is when a seller on there cancels part of the order and ships the rest. Many times its only one book that I really wanted and thats the one that gets cancelled on my order. Argghh

Other then that I have had a few sellers that their shipping method was pretty poor overall. So every order I beg for cardboard on all orders now no matter where I order from.