• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMNT #1

90 posts in this topic

of the late issues, I think only 48-50 was full kev/pete? the others from 51-62 were pete only I think. If you read the editorials around #50 it speaks to something along those lines.

of the late issues, I think only 48-50 was full kev/pete? the others from 51-62 were pete only I think. If you read the editorials around #50 it speaks to something along those lines.

Well, the full Pete/Kevin was only on issue #50, where they did all the story and all the art (pencils/inks). Before that (like issues 48 and so on) and after that (issues 51-61) they just did the story/-script while Jim Lawson did all the pencils. They had a number of different inkers during that span as well. So basically to see kevin/pete tandem work, you have to look at those early issues (1-11, plus micros) and then issue #50. However, they did some solo work on the book as well. For instance, Pete did #12, and Kev did #13, etc. They tried to divy up the work since things were getting so hectic with all other things Turtles. However, after a while, they weren't even able to individual art contribution's; only story ideas.

I recently picked up a copy of the TMNT #1 (6th print), this deluxe 1992 edition only had a 3,000 copy print run, that's the same as the 1st print.

Thats a cool book...did you get the soft or hardcover?

Well, the hardcover was limited to 500 and was signed & numbered by both Kev & Peter. Sort of like the hardcover collected book #1...

The softcover I am unsure the print run off the top of my head, but I think it was 3,000. But I'd have to look into it to make sure.

Something isn't matching up. Here is my copy of the deluxe 6th print I picked up and it doesn't seem to match the ones I've seen pics. of. It does state inside it's the "Sixth print" though. It doesn't have any sigs that I could see and it's not hard cover, but a thick/still cover and is Magazine/Graphic Novel size.

58004-TMNT1sixth.jpg.2a9cf7d2cde9a294228c71348c44c057.jpg

58005-TMNT1sixthb.jpg.3b93da39f76cafc48de50c72de5cb8bb.jpg

Yep, thats the 6th Print Softcover book. Its a very nice quality stock paper that was used. The hard cover would obviously be hard and the signatures would readily visible on the 1st page of the book, along with the number (i.e. 312/500).

Man, I'd love to snag one of those 9.6 #1's but unfortunately I don't have a spare 12K sitting around for it :tonofbricks:

But I am looking to upgrade to a 9.0 soon...

Well, this came ALOT sooner than expected, but I'm not complaining...

It has WHITE pages and signed by both Eastman & Laird :cloud9:

CGC1.jpg

I had a few TMNT 1 related items signed for me at Heroes...

board member ajaxfarrell made this clock for me a while ago, and Peter (very happily and of his own accord) put some more turtle faces on it for me... very cool. :)

TurtleClockThumb.jpg

I also got my 9.0 PLOD (that I also got from a board member) signed on the CGC case... it's a bit harder to make this out, but he personalized it with a turtle head saying "to jim" and the sig. *swoon* :)

SignedTurtles1Thumb.jpg

(both can be clicked for larger versions)

Originally Posted By: MR.COMICBOOK
how could one spot a counterfeit?

Most counterfeits were made from third printings. Therefore, the mailing address on the inside front cover is different than that of a real 1st printing.

Can you tell me what the mailing address should be for the 1st print.

1st printing has a Dover, New Hampshire address. The third printing has a Sharon, CT address.

Well, 2nd print is also from Dover as well. Except at the top let inside cover it says "second printing/ June 1984"