• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMNT #1

90 posts in this topic

One of our very own members, "telerites", posted his awesome new 9.8 in comics general:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2799994&fpart=1

We scooped Scoop! You got to love the boards!

Price wise, my bet would be on high teens, and not more. But it depends a lot on where and when it was offered to the market.

Yea, it's kinda hard to price it out. The last 9.6 sold for just under 10k (back when it was the highest graded) so a 9.8 would at least get that and maybe 20k IMO. I don't think it would go higher than that but with only 1 book out there that high, you never know. If I had the coin, I'd sure jump for it but I think the highest i'll go is upgrading my 9.0 to a 9.4 as after that point, I'd rather use the money for more OA

Hi turtle guys

I picked up this lot in a recent ebay bulk magazine lot for $14

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310105211492&ssPageName=STRK:MEAFB:IT

a30a_3.JPG

The no.2 VF is a second print (matt cover but says 2nd print inside!) but I think the no.3 VF and no.4 FN are 1st prints - how do I tell for sure?

There's also a Raphael no.1 FN

Are they worth anything?

Yep, you're 3,4, and Raphael are all 1st prints!

As far as value, unless they are minty mint (and those don't look like they are), then they are probably worth right around that price...still cool books.

Hi turtle guys

I picked up this lot in a recent ebay bulk magazine lot for $14

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310105211492&ssPageName=STRK:MEAFB:IT

a30a_3.JPG

The no.2 VF is a second print (matt cover but says 2nd print inside!) but I think the no.3 VF and no.4 FN are 1st prints - how do I tell for sure?

There's also a Raphael no.1 FN

Are they worth anything?

What book is that on the lower right? Looks Underground...

Doing a search it appears to be a Silly Daddy (cover looks to state #17)? But on the CPG.com it only lists a HC book.

I have had a fair amount of TMNT !'s First print go through my hands{10 - 15}. The best being a 9.4 - 9.6 book. I have a 9.2 - 9.4 First Print. The lady that ran the shop told me it was a stupid enough title to be worth quite a bit of money some day. She pretty much made me bye it. Thanks Francis..... I know she has/had a very nice copy as well. The best of the one's I ever saw anyway. Had I of known. I would of kept the one's I sold on the cheap... Oh Well, such is life in the big city.

So i was lucky enough to join the TMNT #1 club by picking up the slabbed 6.5 white page copy of ebay over the weekend.

Anyone happen to have idea what the GPA is on this? I think I got a decent deal, but really I just wanted it :) Been trying to get my hands on a copy for awhile!

Yea, I saw that sale as well...not too bad at all

Last sale was for $510 about a week ago 12/14/08

Yea that was the same book that sold last week. Guess the buyer did not come through and he had to relist it and used this ebay account instead of his other.

Sounds a little fishy but everything else checks out. Paypal assured me its a valid account and they will insure me the total cost of the item.

Any idea what these where selling before before the last week?

Well there was a sale in June for $760; before that around $600...prices really have been all over the place lately though (for example a 7.0 recently sold for $660 and a 7.5 for $723)...overall, I'd say you got a pretty good deal. Congrats on the purchase!

Well there was a sale in June for $760; before that around $600...prices really have been all over the place lately though (for example a 7.0 recently sold for $660 and a 7.5 for $723)...overall, I'd say you got a pretty good deal. Congrats on the purchase!

Cool. Thanks for the info and congrads :) Cant wait to get it in the mail!

Cool. Thanks for the info and congrads :) Cant wait to get it in the mail!

(thumbs u

TMNT1.JPG

TMNT2.JPG

The copy is a CGC 6.5 but looks like about a 9.4 in the holder! Sharp corners and only minor spine stress. About 2 that dont break color and two that just slightly do, all very small. At first I thought maybe the guy switched the book with a second printing but noticed a slight wave to the back cover and side of the pages looked like it had been water stained towards the top corner. I called CGC to check the graders notes and yeap it was marked down for water staining. Its pretty cool thought because although it grades a 6.5 its really difficult to tell in the holder and presents itself as a HG book