• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 8.5???

87 posts in this topic

Yeah, I have heard of the GA bump and seen it but this is a little extreme.

I'm just thinking that WITHOUT the tape pull, it'd be an 8.5.

WITH IT, I don't know how it gets this grade. (shrug)

What did you miss? Besides the big number in the left hand corner? It is an 8.5. A CGC 8.5. You might grade it higher, or lower, but CGC graded it an 8.5.

Ah, now I understand. Close the thread.

How about taking down the link? We can continue the discussion based on the scan only. Just a suggestion.

is that your book?

hm

Yes, I run JS Comics telepathically from Canada. :grin:

Just some consideration for the seller. He didn't grade the book.

OH WOW! I noticed it's from Neptune City, NJ...

lol lol lol lol

That's the scariest place on F'n earth!

I once went there with a African American bud of mine (his hometown) from Ranger school

and the gangs were going take this white boy down until he stepped in and they found out I

was with him...

Neptune City has its problems, but the towns to the east, on the Ocean, are super-nice!!!

ckb <- Born in Neptune, NJ

I try not to bash peoples place of residency but these brothers had blades pulled and were

187 action in broad daylight, I've never seen this even in old school Harlem or Brooklyn for

that matter.

I was spooked! And you are talking about a guy that has shot at, stabbed,

repelled into hot loading zones (a full combat situation), survived multiple bar room brawls.

etc. etc.

It takes a lot to spook me, but needless to say after that

I had a whole new view about Jersey...

:P

What did you miss? Besides the big number in the left hand corner? It is an 8.5. A CGC 8.5. You might grade it higher, or lower, but CGC graded it an 8.5.

:acclaim:

:foryou:

Yeah, I have heard of the GA bump and seen it but this is a little extreme.

I'm just thinking that WITHOUT the tape pull, it'd be an 8.5.

WITH IT, I don't know how it gets this grade. (shrug)

I can see it grading higher without the tape pull, but with it, no way an 8.5 (shrug)

Put it this way, if that was a small blurry scan and I bid and won this book. I would be pretty pizzed once I received it and saw that.

How about taking down the link? We can continue the discussion based on the scan only. Just a suggestion.

is that your book?

hm

lol lol lol lol

I once went there with a African American bud of mine (his hometown) from Ranger school

and the gangs were going take this white boy down until he stepped in and they found out I

was with him...

Neptune City has its problems, but the towns to the east, on the Ocean, are super-nice!!!

Neptunes a cake walk...

Check out ..

Camden

Newark

Trenton

Irvington

Some are just areas of horror, others are downright DO NOT GO THERE.

Camden was the US murder capital I dont know how many times..

well things probably have changed a lot dude, that was 1987 that I went there...

:whistle:

IMHO, I thought this book would have been graded lower than 8.5 by CGC. I wanted to get opinions from other forum members if it is common for books with chunks missing from the center of the cover to be graded 8.5. Is that OK?

is that your book?

hm

lol lol lol lol

was with him...

Neptunes a cake walk...

Check out ..

Camden

Newark

Trenton

Irvington

Some are just areas of horror, others are downright DO NOT GO THERE.

Camden was the US murder capital I dont know how many times..

well things probably have changed a lot dude, that was 1987 that I went there...

:whistle:

No.... Its worse.... Its really sad actually. Our problems with gangs has gotten so out of hand that the bloodz initiation week is public news. (On there initiation week, they have cars drive around at night with no lights. They wait for someone to flash them, and then they get out and shoot you).. But my areas nice, neptune is just kinda shadowed now, and I have a good idea of where you were at. Sorry you had a poor experience here, check out the jersey shore... Nice place I call home.

is that your book?

hm

lol lol lol lol

was with him...

I try not to bash peoples place of residency but these brothers had blades pulled and were

187 action in broad daylight, I've never seen this even in old school Harlem or Brooklyn for

that matter.

I was spooked! And you are talking about a guy that has shot at, stabbed,

repelled into hot loading zones (a full combat situation), survived multiple bar room brawls.

etc. etc.

It takes a lot to spook me, but needless to say after that

I had a whole new view about Jersey...

:P

Maybe they just didn't like ya Nerf! :baiting:

No, no, thank you. :foryou:

With one simple post you've taken away all my concerns regarding SCS, pressing, and missed restoration. :banana:

To paraphrase Eminem(badly) "It is whatever they say it is, if it wasn't, then why would they say it is?"

No, no, thank you. :foryou:

With one simple post you've taken away all my concerns regarding SCS, pressing, and missed restoration. :banana:

To paraphrase Eminem(badly) "It is whatever they say it is, if it wasn't, then why would they say it is?"

None of those things have to do with the CGC grade of this book. Is this book a VF+? Absolutely not. I'd give it a VG, maybe. But a CGC 8.5? Unfortunately, it is.

I think something people tend to forget is that CGC isn't the end-all when it comes to grading. They graded it an 8.5. If you are buying the book, and not the label, you wouldn't buy it.

After seeing the scan, it's clearly an error on our part, and have already arranged for it to be sent back to us.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention! (thumbs u

Outstanding! A Friday afternoon happy ending!

After seeing the scan, it's clearly an error on our part, and have already arranged for it to be sent back to us.

That was fast... (thumbs u

No.... Its worse.... Its really sad actually. Our problems with gangs has gotten so out of hand that the bloodz initiation week is public news. (On there initiation week, they have cars drive around at night with no lights. They wait for someone to flash them, and then they get out and shoot you).. But my areas nice, neptune is just kinda shadowed now, and I have a good idea of where you were at. Sorry you had a poor experience here, check out the jersey shore... Nice place I call home.

Um... that initiation story is an urban legend. Not true at all.

Outstanding! A Friday afternoon happy ending!

So I guess the question was worth asking after all.

As someone who is a bit of a Rip van Winkle here, having just started collecting again after about 30 years, I have to say grading standards have changed so much it's scary! My idea of near mint is something you guys would use as packing material.

I have a lot of catching up to do...