• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What trade are you reading right now

1,271 posts in this topic

I changed my focus last night and went into the Jonah Hex Showcase trade. Pretty good so far.

(thumbs u Vol. 2 was supposed to come out last Christmas, not sure if it was delayed or cancelled(?)

Yesterday I bought the big bad Hellboy hardcover reprinting Seed of Destruction and Wake the Devil - NICE book - the bigger size looks awesome, and I don't know if it's just me, but the color seems better too.

I'm almost done with Essential X-Men Vol 5. I haven't read these stories since I was a kid and I'm remembering all over again why I loved them in the first place.

After I finish this, I'm going to read the 1st LSH archives book.

I'm almost done with Essential X-Men Vol 5. I haven't read these stories since I was a kid and I'm remembering all over again why I loved them in the first place.

So true, those stories from that book are a good read

I remember Days of Future Past GN - Chris Claremont was a genius

So true, those stories from that book are a good read

I remember Days of Future Past GN - Chris Claremont was a genius

:) Great storytelling.

I just purchased the Uncanny X-Men Omnibus and I'm going to try to get my wife to read it. I think it goes up to issue 131 or thereabouts.

I'm reading the Judge Dredd Complete Case files phone books right now. I have 1-4, it's a person_without_enough_empathy to find any of the older ones reasonable as they were published in UK. Thank goodness the current ones are solicited for a short time with diamond.

Over the weekend I read Goodbye, Chunky Rice. zzz

And started Marvel 1602.

Quick review of 1602: I was very pleasantly surprised. When this came out it sort of flew under the radar (although sales were very good) and what little I heard about it was not too good. Admittedly, getting thru the first 2 parts is pretty tough but once you know what is happening, it's a good read. Nice to see all the major Silver Age heroes in in the 1600's. Doc Doom and Magneto are both very cool. It is basically an X-Men/FF team-up with a sprinkling of Daredevil and Thor. I like how Neil handled Peter Parker, especially at the end with the Banner guy. Not for the action lovers but being written by Gaiman that can probably be assumed.

Not crazy about the artwork......Andy Kubert is no Joe.

But I recommend it if you're a Marvel guy. I will likely read it again...it can get complicated at times.

Now, what's next on the pile........