• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What trade are you reading right now

1,271 posts in this topic

Just finished Hicksville.

Another semi- zzz

Had a few decent parts.

Now starting Green Arrow: Sounds of Violence by Kevin Smith and Andy Hester.

Just finished Judge Dredd Complete Case Files vol 5. The 24 part apocalypse war is classic dredd and is the best arc I have read so far.

I started to read the New Secret Wars trade. I'm still 30+ trades behind.

well i got off the secret wars trade for a bit and am now reading the X omnibus from dark horse. The Mahnke stuff is pretty good.

Just read the reprinted Killing Joke with the new ink work. Dude, this book is still off the hook.

Having recently reread Miller's Dark Knight and KJ, I have to give the points to KJ--it so succintly captures the dynamic between Batman and Joker. I also appreciate how KJ really respects the reader by providing a much more mature and realistic approach to the Joker versus the often campy version we're treated to. Decades later, it's awesome to see how this book still packs every bit of punch as it did when first published.

Time to give this thread another bump.

Well, a few weeks ago, Park got me interested in Ultimate Spider-man by including a few free issues in a purchase I made with him. I ended up grabbing a few other $1 issues of the title from the local comic show, and ate them up.

SO, I'm in the process of reading the the trades for the series, volumes 1 & 2 (much thanks to Bubbagump). So far, I am really digging this series. Bagley's artwork is SO much better than what I recall from his earlier work in ASM- hands down. The more I read, the more I realize someone utterly dropped the ball in pointing this title out to JoeQ. HERE was the perfect revamp for Spider-Man without the need to disregard ... well, I won't go down that rabbit hole again.

Anyhow, I'm really impressed with the title and it almost, almost makes me feel bad about much of the modern comics trash talk I shoot off ;)

The Goon is amazing! I love Powell's art style.

I just read Y The Last Man Vol 1 and 2, very interesting story. Next on my list is Goon Vol 2 and Fables Vol. 2.

Funny. The last three trades I read were Y the Last Man 1 and 2 and Fables 2. My next read will be Goon: Chinatown. Great minds think alike. :headbang:

Judge Dredd the complete case files Vol 6 with a little Starman omnibus mixed in. Just finished L.E.G.I.O.N. vol 1 bound edition I had made.

just got done reading Tales of The Batman (Tim Sale's early Batman work) and i enjoyed it. It's not as visually stunning as his later batman stuff but it is worth picking up. Next on the reading list is Nexus Archives Vol. 1.

I really, really need to get around to reading Watchmen. It's kind of like the day in one of my grad classes when I let it out (accidentally) that I'd never read Moby (I have a MA in English). I seriously felt like a dumbazz.