• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The next item up for shill bidding is a . . . .

11 posts in this topic

7795_1.JPG

Superman #1 (.5)

Shill warning flag is raised by the eBay consigner's item description:

We are selling this book and many others for a local builder of high end homes that must liquidate all his collectibles and toys. He must raise money for a bank loan immedietly (sp). WE ARE SELLING THIS BOOK WITHOUT A RESERVE!!!!!!!! NO ONE ELSE SELLS BOOKS LIKE THIS WITHOUT A RESERVE!!!!! IT MUST BE SOLD!!!!!! HIS LOSS IS YOUR GAIN!!!!

I don't recall exactly where I read about this seller, but somebody speculated that this may be Danny Dupcak's account. Beware.

Oh geez! Is that guy still around? I thought he'd been pretty much exposed.

To be fair, the seller does seem to know little about comics and appears to be doing his best to describe the comic and respond to questions. He has added quite a few pictures so it appears he has the comic in hand. When in doubt I like to ask the seller for specific additional pictures to determine if he has the comic and to see if he is responsive to e-mails. His feedback is a little spotty tho.

I have delt with Danny D. on ebay before (of course the books came back restored from CGC). I don't remember his ebay tag any longer, but I know that the auction I purchased his books from was not under this ebay ID.

Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean anything when talking about shill bids, but I do recall that he refunded my $ when the books came back restored.