• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Spirit Teaser Poster

27 posts in this topic

Based on the costumes I've seen It reminds me of Tracy now the poster looks like Sin City. Maybe a combo of both? Sadly the golden age comics don't translate well as movies..Remember Tracy, The Phantom, and The Shadow?, all bombs. Hopefully for the fans of the character they are able to do him justice.

Based on the costumes I've seen It reminds me of Tracy now the poster looks like Sin City. Maybe a combo of both? Sadly the golden age comics don't translate well as movies..Remember Tracy, The Phantom, and The Shadow?, all bombs. Hopefully for the fans of the character they are able to do him justice.

They may have bombed at the box office but I enjoyed all of them. I don't expect a heck of a lot from comic movies, as long as the production values, story and execution is good and the films are entertaining, Hell, I even enjoyed Daredevil. I didn not like Electra or Punisher, though, but I really enjoyed The Shadow and The Phantom.

I know its just me, but that trailor looked pretty lame. Why does Frank Miller rip off Tim Burton's Gotham City in most of his movies? Why does he jump around from roof to roof like there are wires tied to him? And I hope he doesn't wear that animated red tie all the time. :o

I like the poster - better than an earlier one I'd seen. Not impressed with the teaser - if the film is going to have an animated Sin City look with oversaturated reds - I'm not really interested. If it's only the look of the title animation - it's okay.

I haven't been impressed with Frank Miller in a number of years - the Sin City arcs felt repetitive , even by comic book standards, and the writing was never more than sub-Spillane in the first place - and the DK2 books were just an embarrasement.

As for movies using characters set in the past (which it's not clear this will be) - the Shadow movie was the only one I really enjoyed - and it was still somewhat disappointing.

I've been giving MIller the benefit of the doubt, but......uh......

The Spirit never talked like that. And while there was the occassional rooftop scene, he didn't run and jump across 'em like Batman.......

I'm beginnng to have my doubts now. :(