• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What single issue, story arch, or graphic novel most deserves to be a film?

42 posts in this topic

I'm not asking what character or group most deserves to be made into a feature film, but what STORY(single issue, story arch, or graphic novel) most deserves to be adapted into a feature film.

After much deliberation, I vote for Kingdom Come, with Busiek adapting and Alex Ross directing. Not that a major studio would ever allow that, but I think they'd make a hell of a film.

What would you guys chose?

Archie Goodwin & Walt Simonson's Manhunter "Gotterdamerung" arc from Detective mid-70s. Has cloning, martial arts, evil ninjas, assassins, Batman x-over, dystopian future. All the great elements for a motion picture today. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I think Kingdom come would be a great option but it would probably cost a fortune. If I was given creative reponsibility I would probablt choose one of two options:

The Long Halloween - Has a marquis player in Batman, involves all of the key bat villians, has a great storyline (mafia, asylum (along silence of the lambs), horror, suspense and a great twist.), is relevant to horror, goth, superhero afficianados and is a totally complete storyline that could be told in two hours. As an added bonus, there would be little need to provide any wasted background time up front.

Death the High cost of living - Really because I like the story and I think death is such a cool character.

Preacher, but not with anybody but Ennis doing the screenwriting. Hollywood would just hire some screenwriter to mimic his style if it was anybody else but him, and that almost never works out right.

I'm going with one that might actually have a chance.

The first Fantastic Four movie will probably have Doctor Doom, but if it's a success I hope the second FF movie will be FF 48-50! thumbsup2.gif

Len Wein & Walt Simonson's Manhunter "Gotterdamerung" arc from Detective mid-70s. Has cloning, martial arts, evil ninjas, assassins, Batman x-over, dystopian future. All the great elements for a motion picture today. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Odin, Odin, Odin...

Not Len Wein, mad.gif but the late, great Archie Goodwin! cloud9.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif (Great choice, though, and it'd be kinda cool for the Batman to be the supporting character ; sorta like Jack Nicholson showing up for a few minutes in Warren Beattie's Reds. Might be just the thing to revive the Bat-movie franchise)

I'm not asking what character or group most deserves to be made into a feature film, but what STORY(single issue, story arch, or graphic novel) most deserves to be adapted into a feature film.

After much deliberation, I vote for Kingdom Come, with Busiek adapting and Alex Ross directing. Not that a major studio would ever allow that, but I think they'd make a hell of a film.

Keeping with the Busiek/Ross theme, how about MARVELS? It would be cool to see the Marvel Age come alive via film... cloud9.gif

- D.

Watchmen