• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YES-- I finally finished my set of 30 cent variants

22 posts in this topic

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif As of 2:10 this afternoon, there is now a 2nd known complete set of 30 cent Marvel price variants. My six year quest is now finished and I had to share the news with those of you who can appreciate it (my wife tried to feign excitement, but she knows the variants will simply be replaced by another obsession). I also had to publicly thank those of you on this forum whose cooperation made the last 10 books so much fun to acquire: Darth, FD, Lighthouse, and, the man who put me over the top, Buena Vista. Of course, I'll be out there looking for books so I can return the favor. In fact, my experience with these last 10 books epitomized the whole variant experience, which was some of the most comic-related fun I've had in 26 years--met lots of great people, found lots of great shops, and re-awakened my love of BA books by curing me of my snobbish obsession with super-high-grade Silver. It really made me realize that there are so many other books out there that I had forgotten about, not just Marvel or DC's, but so many others that are relegated to the bargain bins. Anyway, it was just plain fun. Now, I can't wait to document the 35 centers. Stay tuned to my site and keep sending in contributions. Thanks guys.

Don't know why 30c variants float your boat but I have my own obsessions you would probably find just as weird. Congrats...a major collecting achievement deserves all the attention you can get from your peers.

news.gif 30 c variant collection completed by hardcore collector acclaim.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

OUTSTANDING news! About time too, slacker! grin.gif Well done!

Awww, c'mon FD. Just cuz you beat me by 3 and half years and I thought I'd be able to catch up with you.

Seriously, everyone, it was a blast. And Darth's not far off on the upgrading ( just a few tough issues). It's great to hear from other collectors who understand what it's like.