• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oregon Batman Collection--Last (hopefully) Round

18 posts in this topic

Hi, my name is Andrew Foster and I live in Portland, Oregon. It was my Dad who owned what is now known as the “Oregon Batman Collection”. I know I’m taking a chance here as this forum tends to be pretty “cut-throat”, but, I wanted to let you know that I’ve decided to auction off the final 19 books myself rather than have them on consignment. The guys at Silver Age Comics have been great and have done an awesome job with the first 5 auctions, but I’m ready to accept this challenge.

I’ve always been in possession of the Batman Collection. I send the books to Silver Age when they forward payments to me. They trust me to do this as I trust them. I’m asking you to trust me as well and invite you to bid on the remaining books.

Just search “Oregon Batman Collection” on eBay (item description). They were listed on 4/20 and will end 4/27. They look like they are going to go wicked cheap.

It’s not quite the response on eBay I had hoped for but I guess that’s what I get going at it on my own. There is a huge chance that you could win one of these books at an incredibly low price. As you all already know, Ebayers look at feedback numbers and since mine is low, they tend to pass. But I ask you to look at the feedback that Silver Age Comics has received regarding my books.

Thanks so much for taking the time with this!

Andrew

I would end them now, and build a report here, then list them for free on the For sale section of these boards, or offer them to me as I live in Eugene, and could drive up and look at them or pick them up.

Paul

lol:applause: And why not? Paul you can take them on consignment and sell them here. That would be win-win.

1 question: Was the Batman 1 that was auctioned as part of the Oregon collection yours?

:makepoint: we already know it was not, silverage themselves confirmed it wasn't

1 question: Was the Batman 1 that was auctioned as part of the Oregon collection yours?

:makepoint: we already know it was not, silverage themselves confirmed it wasn't

Some of us can't be here 24/7. :whistle:

I would end them now, and build a report here, then list them for free on the For sale section of these boards, or offer them to me as I live in Eugene, and could drive up and look at them or pick them up.

Paul

lol:applause: And why not? Paul you can take them on consignment and sell them here. That would be win-win.

Good idea, then everyone gets the warm and fuzzy.

Paul

:sorry:

Not everyone can be an Illuminati.

:shy:

Apparently, he hasn't subscribed to the morning download directly to the cerebral cortex.

Apparently, he hasn't subscribed to the morning download directly to the cerebral cortex.

you know, you're pretty hip for a guy who doesn't primarily collect Timleys.

:whistle:

Not everyone can be an Illuminati.

:shy:

We actually call it "This thing of ours."

But I ask you to look at the feedback that Silver Age Comics has received regarding my books.

Andrew

Best of luck in selling your books Andrew! (thumbs u

But you might not want to rely on the above comment as a selling point. :gossip:

Reminds me of the time an in-law told me she was unhappy with a consigner who sold some of her collectibles on ebay, she said she didn't understand why because the consigner had a good reputation- 1000's of positive feedback and a 95% rating.

I have never been impressed with Tim Ley's collection ;)

I have never been impressed with Tim Ley's collection ;)

didn't he just pick up a first print Spawn #1 in cgc 5.0 (shrug)