• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1950's World's Finest 50-78 on display....

87 posts in this topic

wonder why they are so tought to find?

A lot of folks speculate that the 15 cent cover price depressed sales during the early fifties.

Hey Rick, super cool run! Speaking from someone that tried to do a run of World's Finest, these are indeed very hard to find, especially if you want something in the 7.0 or better range with nice page quality. I think almost of the the covers are very "Cheesy" which is actually what I really like about them.

thanks everyone..... took me 3 years to put the little run together, so it was quite a lot of fun! still will try to upgrade here and there :)

A lot of folks speculate that the 15 cent cover price depressed sales during the early fifties.

Makes sense. I think a lot of 50's books are rarer than most.

15 cent cover price plus the decline of superheros in the 1948 to 1956 years. When these books came out, crime, romance, and westerns ruled the roost. Not to mention a certain duck by a certain guy named Carl.

Again, my .02 worth.

15 cent cover price plus the decline of superheros in the 1948 to 1956 years. When these books came out, crime, romance, and westerns ruled the roost. Not to mention a certain duck by a certain guy named Carl.

Again, my .02 worth.

Plus the fact that DC crammed 68 pages into cheaper cover stock with just two small staples holding everything together. For that reason alone an inordinate number of copies of these, and Comic Cavalcade from the same time period, are now coverless or have loose covers.

Again, my .02 worth.

Plus the fact that DC crammed 68 pages into cheaper cover stock with just two small staples holding everything together. For that reason alone an inordinate number of copies of these, and Comic Cavalcade from the same time period, are now coverless or have loose covers.

plus the fact that the vast majority are retina-detaching, projectile vomit-inducing, IQ-reducing, premature Alzheimer's-catalyzing POS's. but other than that, they're just outstanding.

Again, my .02 worth.

plus the fact that the vast majority are retina-detaching, projectile vomit-inducing, IQ-reducing, premature Alzheimer's-catalyzing POS's. but other than that, they're just outstanding.

wow...harsh

Again, my .02 worth.

wow...harsh

that was as nice as i could go, and only because gator's one of my favorite geeks.

Again, my .02 worth.

lol

I take it you must have read a bunch of them when you were a kid, eh?

I take it you must have read a bunch of them when you were a kid, eh?

making fun of near-blind, spastic-stomach victimized, profoundly-moronic people in their second childhood, eh? just about right for a 'Horns fan.

Again, my .02 worth.

The only successful 15¢ comic from the period was Classics Illustrated because it wasn't the kids buying them!

Again, my .02 worth.

wow...harsh

that was as nice as i could go, and only because gator's one of my favorite geeks.

Are the stories as bad as the covers?

Again, my .02 worth.

wow...harsh

Are the stories as bad as the covers?

easily my favorite post on the g.a. boards today.