• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1950's World's Finest 50-78 on display....

87 posts in this topic

Very cool, Gator! A tough run that most don't get a chance to see all at once. (thumbs u

Very cool, Gator! A tough run that most don't get a chance to see all at once. (thumbs u

thanks mr devil ... finding some of these in any grade is tough, but several are high grade that would make even you proud :baiting:

That's a wonderful run. It's amazing to see the transition of the covers from early 1950s wonderful to mid-1950s DC suckitude. I could stop with issue 71,

thanks mr devil ... finding some of these in any grade is tough, but several are high grade that would make even you proud :baiting:

i've never seen these in large scans; gotta admit i never knew the run had a cover as nice as 51. alot of people like the sitting on the battleship's guns cover, but i do not. nice run gator.

great run! and such silly covers. The early ones are like Archie covers (lotta babes hanging out) - - with spandex and no punchlines... I did like the shoeshine cover though.

Silly? They were the best covers of the time period. No villians, no word baloons, no hype, just beautiful covers that were really never to be seen again after #70.

These are great. The covers are goofy, but they evoke such innonence that it's hard not to like 'em. I may start collecting these soon.

That's a wonderful run. It's amazing to see the transition of the covers from early 1950s wonderful to mid-1950s DC suckitude. I could stop with issue 71,

Agreed. I usually refer to these as "World's Gayest" (not that there is anything wrong with that) Comics but I have to admit that some of these covers are pretty cool. First time I have seen many of these covers, wonder why they are so tough to find?