• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1950's World's Finest 50-78 on display....

87 posts in this topic

And those schoolgirls are checking out Robin's frilly green under-garment.

70 & 71 are definitely Win Mortimer, as probably is 72. There was a switch to Curt Swan once Mortimer went to the world of syndicated strips.

wf56set.jpg

I honestly don't get this one. Is this some kind of Indian wrestling or something and superman could clearly win but is faking it? Tell me I'm not the only one confused.

Superman is pretending to lose so Robin can impress the girls and get some real nookie.

70 & 71 are definitely Win Mortimer, as probably is 72. There was a switch to Curt Swan once Mortimer went to the world of syndicated strips.
(thumbs u

wf56set.jpg

I honestly don't get this one. Is this some kind of Indian wrestling or something and superman could clearly win but is faking it? Tell me I'm not the only one confused.

Superman is pretending to lose so Robin can impress the girls and get some real nookie.

I don't know about that... Batman has a devilish grin in the background there

Just want to add my thanks for the posted covers. What happened with issue 70? Different cover artist? Shift in editorial policy?

The biggest change was that the format went from an anthology book with Batman and Superman in seperate stories to a anthology with a Batman/Superman teamup story as the main feature each issue. This story was highlighted as the cover story and the book went from a giant size format of 15 cents to a normal 10 center.