• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could have just one....

28 posts in this topic

Golden age comic and you could never sell it, so it's basically worth no money to you or even bragging rights, no one can know you own it..........what would it be? I'm curious what will happen with money taken out of the equation.

If you can't read it, sell it or boast about it, then all that matters is if it is a good read.

I've read Action 1 and D27 quite a lot. So my choice will have to be something I've never read but would really like to read, probably repeatedly. Not sure what that is ... but I'll get back to you.

Myself.....I'm still thinking. Maybe if Bangzoom let me come visit and read a bunch of his books I'd be able to decide. I'm bored with all the MLJ's I own, so it may be something other than an Archie 1 or Pep 22. Probably something with all Bark's art and stories inside. Another thought was Casper the Friendly Ghost #1.

"Probably something with all Bark's art and stories inside."

Excellent input. The FC of "Land of the Totem Poles with two Barks stories is one of my favorite reads.

And it's cheap and plentiful enough I wouldn't have to worry about damaging it while reading.

Go with the most Bang for the (nonexistent) Buck, Xmas Comics 1, over 300 pages of Fawcett Goodness.

A Barks book is a great choice, but which one?

My first flash decision was Great Comics #3 because I love the Futuro Takes Hitler to Hell story. I read it every few years.

Am I to understand that I'm not allowed to own any other GA comics? Or is this any, secret, book to be added to our collections?

If the former, then a great read is what I'm after. What I read the most of from that general era is Two-Fisted Tales, so maybe I'd take Annual #1. Lots of stories, incredible cover.

If I get to add to my collection, then I'd take Marvel Comics #1.

I could think of alot but Batman #49 was the first thing that comes to mind for me. Great cover and a classic Joker story.

Yes..Tough to find in higher grades...Glad I got mine many moons ago.

:cloud9:file0077.jpg

hm worth no money, know one can ever know, already have that one but I can't tell you because know one can ever know (thumbs u

hm worth no money, know one can ever know, already have that one but I can't tell you because know one can ever know (thumbs u

Uhh, Rick...

...we already know about your closet stash of Phantasmo books :screwy: