• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man Movie Discussion Thread

112 posts in this topic

I thought it was okay. Really dug Downey and Bridges. Only issue I had was lack of action. Every time it started up, it started up great and then fizzled out. Especially the end fight. I still enjoyed the film but didn't get that "I want to watch it again right now" feeling.

I saw it last night, loved it, and immediately wanted to watch it again.

I thought Downey was brilliant.

Found this interview online today:

http://movies.aol.com/unscripted/robert-downey-jr-terrence-howard-jon/iron-man/2115854

mostly fluff but with the last question they give a serious discussion of what direction they'd like to take the franchise. I'm excited about the future for Iron-Man movies.

I just saw it and I think it's Marvel's best movie so far. :applause: (thumbs u

Doesn't say much since this is Marvel's first and only movie so far! lol

Okay.....just kidding as I knew exactly what you meant. (thumbs u

I saw it yesterday, and really enjoyed it. Downey has such a likable presence, and the scene where IM kicks terrorist butt was classic. I would rank it somewhere beneath Spidey 1 and 2, but better than the X-Men flicks. The little coda after the credits was priceless. I'm looking forward to some sequels and spinoffs.

Yep I am a shmoe. Went in, saw the movie, loved it. But as the credits rolled I sat for a minute looking at the 1000 names scroll by, figured oh well guess there is no surprise, and left.

Thankfully movie warrants a second viewing on its own merit, so I will catch it next time.

I would rank this among the top 3 superduper hero movies of all time. Spider-man, Incredibles, then IM. Yes I consider Incredibles to be that good, if you missed it then rent that sucker today.

Just got back. The only comic movie I have ever enjoyed more at the theater was 300.

Saw it on Thursday and loved it. The crowd was really into it as well. I rank it up there with Batman Begins, Spidey 2 and X-Men 2. It's a lot like Batman Begins in that both heroes have no super powers, the movie is driven primarily by character rather than action and the supporting cast is stellar. Another plus is that it wasn't too action heavy and dependent upon extended, loud CGI heavy sequences like Transformers. But when the plot called for action it delivered. Had they overexposed the audience to a lot of action pieces it would have taken away from the awe of watching IM in action. Downey absolutely made this movie though. He is so pitch perfect as Stark and he just shines in the role. I'll be seeing it at least once more this week.

Went at 2:00 today, theater was packed as full as you could possibly get. A lot of cheers and clapping throughout.

The movie itself was masterfully crafted and cast. I can't find one bad thing to say about it. RDJ was at his absolute best here.

A+++++ movie

can't wan't for the sequel.

I was surprised that there was no HULK preview though??

I saw it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. There are many reasons I liked this movie and one "nebulous" one is that I'm still thinking about it 24 hours later and praising it. I don't know how best to describe "that feeling" but I really was impressed by the movie.

First off, it's better than the previews. There are countless times a preview looks great and the movie doesn't live up to it. Not this time. It's well-paced, has the right amount of humor and a good dose of the "wonder" the great superhero movies have.

I'm not a big Robert Downey fan but he was exceptional in this. I can't think of a better casting. Gywneth Paltrow looked good in it as she usually does little for me. Jeff Bridges played the villian very sublimly. He didn't resort to the over-the-top theatrics and slowly lured you in.

The action was very good in my book. The movie was well-paced and it didn't bog down into too much "look at what I can do with CGI" effects for effects sake. It was pretty clever how they managed to give Downey "face time" to act without making a mockery of the character ala Spidey 3. I'm glad Iron Man didn't need his mask tore off with every action scene.

I'm tempted to take the kids to see this in the theater but if not, I'll definetly get it on DVD. For me, it ranks up there with Batman Begins, Superman, Spidey 1, etc. There will be a lot of comparisons to those movies but, like those, it is kind of unique in itself.

PS. Sadly, the comic movie law of averages is probably saying Hulk will stink on ice. lol

A+++++ movie

Yes there was... I saw new previews of Batman and the Hulk

Great movie, btw ^^

A+++++ movie

Great movie, btw ^^

no Hulk preview at my theater for Hulk! :pullhair:

A+++++ movie

Great movie, btw ^^

no Hulk preview at my theater for Hulk! :pullhair:

Went on Friday and today to go see it and my theater showed the hulk trailer yesterday, but not today...weird...yesterday was on the DLP screen though...maybe they only have HULK ready in digital?

Very cool ending. Was definitely not expecting his appearance, let alone what he told Stark :applause:

It's too bad they will NEVER make that other film. I'm sure there will be an Iron Man sequel. But I'm equally as sure the other film would never happen. We will see Batman/Superman before we see that...

The budget would be astronomical if you had to hire that many name actors and do all that CGI. Plus, could you really introduce anyone new? If you go with common historical members, two have been introduced, which means you need three or four new members, and development of all their different back stories, which would bog the film down.

As it stands, it would have to be Daredevil, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-man, and Wolverine to have a chance at working. I guess that wouldn't be a bad roster, but by no means as good as the original. And again, the budget thing...

I thought they cold have jazzed up the bonus scene just a bit too. After delivering his message, he could have just faded away because it was a hologram projector on the floor. Or in the comics, he can authorize limited invisibility, so it could have been neat if he walked out of thin air, or disappeared into thin air after giving his message. Something to show he wasn't just a bureaucrat in a cool coat...

Very cool ending. Was definitely not expecting his appearance, let alone what he told Stark :applause:

It's too bad they will NEVER make that other film. I'm sure there will be an Iron Man sequel. But I'm equally as sure the other film would never happen. We will see Batman/Superman before we see that...

The budget would be astronomical if you had to hire that many name actors and do all that CGI. Plus, could you really introduce anyone new? If you go with common historical members, two have been introduced, which means you need three or four new members, and development of all their different back stories, which would bog the film down.

As it stands, it would have to be Daredevil, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-man, and Wolverine to have a chance at working. I guess that wouldn't be a bad roster, but by no means as good as the original. And again, the budget thing...

I thought they cold have jazzed up the bonus scene just a bit too. After delivering his message, he could have just faded away because it was a hologram projector on the floor. Or in the comics, he can authorize limited invisibility, so it could have been neat if he walked out of thin air, or disappeared into thin air after giving his message. Something to show he wasn't just a bureaucrat in a cool coat...

I disagree. I think there's no question they're doing it. We know that there have already been Antman and Thor movies green-lighted. (Why would you make an Antman movie unless you planned on "THE OTHER MOVIE".) Beyond that everyone has speculated the unannounced Marvel project is Captain America. If they followed the animated movie plotlines slightly, they could introduce Captain America in the "THE OTHER MOVIE" movie.

Captain America, Hulk, Antman, Wasp, Thor, Iron Man - sounds like a decent line-up to me.

EDIT: Sorry I replaced spoilers with "the other moive." Wasn't thinking.

I disagree. I think there's no question they're doing it. We know that there have already been Antman and Thor movies green-lighted. (Why would you make an Antman movie unless you planned on "THE OTHER MOVIE".) Beyond that everyone has speculated the unannounced Marvel project is Captain America. If they followed the animated movie plotlines slightly, they could introduce Captain America in the "THE OTHER MOVIE" movie.

Captain America, Hulk, Antman, Wasp, Thor, Iron Man - sounds like a decent line-up to me.

EDIT: Sorry I replaced spoilers with "the other moive." Wasn't thinking.

Well, Thor isn't even cast yet, and it was planned for a 2009 release, so highly doubtful they would make that. Thor is still iffy. Last I heard the budget was going to be too high for the -script, and they were considering making it another animated feature (which means direct to DVD) or start from scratch on the -script. Ant-man only has a rough draft of a -script, and is not green-lit yet. It wasn't scheduled to release in 2010. So even if they did Avengers, it wouldn't be until at least 2011. Too many big if's to play out in there for your scenario.

Black Widow and Magneto are both examples of "green lit" movies that were either canceled outright, or had their planned release severely delayed...