• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man Movie Discussion Thread

112 posts in this topic

Very cool ending. Was definitely not expecting his appearance

Exactly which rock have you been living under?

All the fanboys were angry when NF didn't appear in the preview version of the movie - it was on many news sites.

I stayed blissfully unaware of what the content of the post-credit bit was. Great stuff.

Same here. Why spoil a good time? I avoided all the pre-release build-up and just went on opening night and had a blast. (thumbs u

I'd heard something was up, but had also seen a post where someone waited though the credits and saw nothing.

and you really have to wait - the credits roll for a good 4-5 minutes. hard to believe how many folks are involved in making a flick like this who get onscreen credit, let alone how many more are behing the scenes. IE., Tony's catering gets credit but how many employees are there actually setting up and doling out food?

but then the screen gets quiet and you-know-who appears. is this meant to stimulate interest in a sequel or that other flick??

I had a conversation with a friend and was taken aback when he said he didn't care to see Iron Man because of Robert Downey's drug abuse and jail time "past". He also rtied to put some bleeding heart liberal tolerance nonsense words into my mouth, that hadn't come out of it. My view is that drug and alcohol use is a moral choice and whether one is predisposed to addiction is just a part of it. You make the choice and you pay the price. I do think that Downey was a target and had people waiting for him to screw up...which is probably one of the best things that ever happened to him since drug and alcohol abuse is a very bad thing...especially for the abuser and especially for kids. But there are many more important crimes and behavior in my book. My point is that Robert Downey paid the price and cleaned up and turned his life around and is now sober, which makes his story even more compelling. I'm a believer in redemption and admirer people who can overcome these kind of stumbling blocks. My friend looked down on Downey because he was a "druggie"and took acting roles from many talented "non-druggies". I don't buy this argument, since as sad as it might be, many of our great artists were substance abusers. Look at Errol Flynn and Robert Mitchum and Spencer Tracy and on and on and on. The fact that Robert Downey has overcome this is reason for celebration in my book. We all have flaws and if we had grown up in the environment that he grew up in, who knows how we would have turned out. So he gets my respect for picking himself up by his bootstraps and not becoming another dead, young actor.

Yep I am a shmoe. Went in, saw the movie, loved it. But as the credits rolled I sat for a minute looking at the 1000 names scroll by, figured oh well guess there is no surprise, and left.

Thankfully movie warrants a second viewing on its own merit, so I will catch it next time.

I would rank this among the top 3 superduper hero movies of all time. Spider-man, Incredibles, then IM. Yes I consider Incredibles to be that good, if you missed it then rent that sucker today.

The guy served time in prison and was released. Our society views this, appropriately, as dues paid, and individuals punished in this manner must be given the opportunity to return to society as contributing members. Like Downey Jr.

hell I think its perfect considering ironmans own history he was most likely able to put more into the role than anyone else would have been :D frankly the guy you're talking about sounds like he is not worth talking with most likely has a drink him self now and then which makes him a darn hypocrite as far as I am concerned ...

Yeah, I stayed. Although my patience was tested a couple of time when the names went like 5 per line for a good twenty or so lines. And that happened a few times Yeesh. Nice bit to close out the movie though.

hell I think its perfect considering ironmans own history he was most likely able to put more into the role than anyone else would have been :D frankly the guy you're talking about sounds like he is not worth talking with most likely has a drink him self now and then which makes him a darn hypocrite as far as I am concerned ...

Oops...actually he's a good guy who's also a .Or should I say that he's a but also not a ? We're all like that in our own way. Duality. No one's perfect. The fact is that his attitude is a fairly common one. I feel the same way about people with bad business ethics, who only care about making money and don't care who they screw to get it....or fat people who try to run me over with their shopping carts at Costco.....or evil comic book investors, who drive up the price of comics, yet never read the darn things. My point is....let's not make this about my friend's idiotic attitude, rather let's make this about Downey's succes in overcoming a serious problem.