• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Complete sets

73 posts in this topic

Based on your list, I could do quite nicely with your summer time income...

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

The central air conditioning business can be pretty good sometimes but I also have little other financial responsibilities- I rent, not married, no kids etc.. My spending habits would change real fast if I had to grow up.

Based on your list, I could do quite nicely with your summer time income...

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

The central air conditioning business can be pretty good sometimes but I also have little other financial responsibilities- I rent, not married, no kids etc.. My spending habits would change real fast if I had to grow up.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wonder how much I could get for the wife and kids...

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

My collecting consists of Marvel's Avengers Volumes 1-3, including solo series and offshoots (like Avengers West Coast, Ultimates). I actually have a complete set of everything, and I am now putting together a graded set of Avengers Vol 1 #1-200 in 9.0 or better, which is about 75%-80% complete. I also have a smattering of other semi-key Avengers related books in slabs.

Putting together a graded set has been a lot of fun, and I am actually considering doing another set after Avengers (possibly Thor or Fantastic Four). The problem with collecting slabbed stuff is the space to store them. I can only fit so many legal sized file cabinets in my home office!

- Dave

I'm trying to finish off my X-Men run as well. Not counting 67-93, I'm missing #13 for all the issues under 20, and missing 17 various issues to 66. Then there are the 15 or so issues from 95-120 I need.

As for condition, I couldn't care less anymore at all. I love the books, and I just want to complete my run so I am really just looking for the cheapest copies I can find (even in good, as long are they are complete).

BTW, anyone have some cheap , low grade X-Men for sale?? hi.gif

So what complete sets are anyone trying to complete?

I finished a Jimmy Olsen collection last year, and an persuing a complete Superboy collection now. I really like the challenge of completeing an entire run of books.

Trying to complete Justice League. Need four more issues - the first four of course - $, plus I guess the Brave & Bold run. Considering the prices on these, I'll probably settle for fine condition on 'em.

So what complete sets are anyone trying to complete?

I finished a Jimmy Olsen collection last year, and an persuing a complete Superboy collection now. I really like the challenge of completeing an entire run of books.

I have a complete run of Amazing Adventures 1-6 and Amazing Adult Fantasy 7 - 14, although i need higher grade copies of AA1, 4, and AAF 8 an 14. The ones I have are raw and lower grades, all the others are slabbed.

I am trying to complete runs of the Ditko/Kirby Pre-hero books and have spotty but near complete runs of JIM 52-82, Strange Tales 67-100, TOS 1-38 and TTA 1-34 (I consider 27 to be a pre-hero book becuase Henry Pym is not yet "Ant-Man"). I have mish-mash of raw and slabbed and hope to upgrade to full slabbed runs in the next couple of years.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Only 4 issues left to complete my Iron Man Volume 1. Only need to upgrade 20 or so to make my run VF or better. I would say 75% Near Mint now. Was going after Tales of Suspense #39 to 99 but might by the Masterworks instead.

Half of my AMS #51 to 200 is complete, got the Masterworks from 1 to 50.

Finished Avengers #151 to 200 last year. Love that Perez art!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!! Shell-Head's been my FAV for almost 30 years!!!!!!

You would think I'd have completed my runs by now but there is just so much stuff, so little time!!!!!!!!!

Plus I'am kinda picky. High grade all the way!!!!!

DD I need about 20 issues most of which are bronze. The range on grades is good to nm with some of the early issues being sweet and a few of the bronze issues only being vg/g. I won't worry about upgrading till it's complete

FF i need about 40 issues including 1-5:( the conditions arent as good as the DDs on the early stuff but I have solid runs from the teens up with the bulk of the missing books being 120-140 and misc 80s and 90s issues

Dr Strange I just need 169 and have vol 2 complete

Strange Tales i need maybe 10 issues to complete the Dr Strange run

Strange Tales i need 2 issues to complete the shield run

shield complete.

The X-Men stuff post issue 50 to the reprints is almost complete. i really don't care for the earlier stuff.

Avengers i have been halfway pursueing I need almost everything pre 38 and have almost everything post 38.

The alarm people came and turned the service on yesterday. The value of my collection has gotten to the point it just made sense to pay the 20.00 monitoring fee. It would just suck to much to go into the ceiled off dehumidified comic dungeon and find them gone to not pay the $20.00.

My ceIling for an individual book is 500.00 I was sorely tempted by a nice looking FF 5 last weekend but need so many 10-50 dollar books I put off bidding. I'm not as concerned about grade as a lot of folks here nor can I afford to be and ever hope to complete the runs.

Only need three more issues to complete Fantastic Four #1 through to #520 (#1,#11 & #14)

And about 40 issues to get ASM #1 to #500

Once I finish my FF series, I'll be starting a JIM/Thor run, aim is again to get the complete series thumbsup2.gif

I am a new kid on the block but I do have a couple of complete collections that I am proud of.Most of my collection is older television and movie western comics.

My father helped me out a huge amount by collecting and saving when he was a kid.

I have a complete seris of Hopalong Cassidy comics starting with the Fawcetts til the end with DC.A total of 135 comics.

I also have a complete series of Tomahawk.A total of 140 comics.

The comics range from VG to VF+.

A couple series most people dont collect.lol!

I will try scan some of my favs and start a Western thread maybe.

I've got:

Tales of Suspense #1-99

Captain America #100-200

Iron Man #1-10

Strange Tales #101-168, plus annuals 1 & 2

Hoppy the Marvel Bunny #1-12

Pogo #1-10

Tales to Astonish #1-101

that's it for runs, or sets

National Pastime, sounds great. Maybe you should start up a thread so more people can find it. If it's Hopalong maybe it would be good to have it in the Golden age forum, unless most of them occur in the 1960's. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm more of a Roy Rogers fan but Hop is good too. thumbsup2.gif

If you build it they will come.

for silver age, i have silver surfer and nick fury -- those are the easiest ones, of course.

missing a couple of inexpensive issues of conan 1 - 100.

I've got:

Tales of Suspense #1-99

Captain America #100-200

Iron Man #1-10

Strange Tales #101-168, plus annuals 1 & 2

Hoppy the Marvel Bunny #1-12

Pogo #1-10

Tales to Astonish #1-101

that's it for runs, or sets

893whatthe.gif

TOS 1-99 and TTA 1-101?

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif