• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My PGX 9.4 Blazing Comics #5 Alternate Cover Story

86 posts in this topic

So, before I heard anything about this not being legit, I bought a PGX 9.4 copy of All American Men of War #127 (which is really this title's #1 issue). Not just an ordinary copy, no, this one has an alternate cover of Blazing Comics #5. :whistle:

blazingcomics5.jpg

blazinglabel1.jpg

blazinglabel2.jpg

Afterwards, I read a few threads on this board about how someone's taking mint covers, trimming them and putting them with coverless comics. doh!

I figured that I was probably fooled as well and I decided to send my copy to CGC to get their opinion. (thumbs u

As I was cracking open this PGX case, I was wondering if the inside book was really that nice for this whole book to be graded a 9.4. Oh no, I'm voiding their warranty!!! :o

I figured that it must beautiful, and if this guy really is "marrying" these covers with coverless books, where's he getting all of these mint books without covers? hm

The front of the book looks really nice, like a 9.4. The back cover, probably a 9.2, and then I opened it up. :flamed:

insidetear1.jpg

insidetear2.jpg

A nice big freakin tear, right on the first page! doh!

Who grades these books? Who can get this into a PGX slab with a 9.4 label. Who buys this sort of ? :frustrated: Me, I guess. :sorry:

What a waste. :(

Andy

Andy,

We have all been taken advantage of at one point or another. It isn't your fault. Someone set out to deliberately deceive the purchaser of that book. Unfortunately, it happened to be you. Consider it a learning experience. Hopefully, it wasn't a very expensive learning experience.

Sorry you got the shaft. I know it sucks. :foryou:

lol This company really is a joke. lol

I used to get the odd book graded by them, way back when, just because they were more affordable. Now I think about it and they are absolutely a joke. They're grading this carp for their friends, and putting their name on it, risking their "good" reputation. :roflmao:

I'm a little upset, mostly at myself, and I will chalk this one down as a lesson learned. When you have a strange feeling about something, even before you buy it, do yourself a favour and stay away. I really have to start listening to those feelings. :makepoint:

heheheh :insane:

Andy

lol This company really is a joke. lol

. When you have a strange feeling about something, even before you buy it, do yourself a favour and stay away. I really have to start listening to those feelings. :makepoint:

heheheh :insane:

Andy

(thumbs u will do

While not surprising. This still must sting Andy, not to mention suck. :(

And I have to ask Andy, is the tear glued? Several letters do not line up correctly on the indicia, and the backside has what appears to be visible glue lines.

Is the tear glued still?.. Is it loose?..were tear seals removed and that's what was leftover?

Eitherway, its crahp.(PGX and the work they missed..allegedly)

hm Not for nothing but I can almost picture the actual grader at PGX thumbing through the pages and.... riiiip...oops..

Nobody saw it so it never happened :insane:

Nope. Unfortunately PGX is just not a reliable grading company to most. It has been proven time and time again. The only thing you can do to be safe is to avoid PGX graded books altogether. :sorry:

I would only buy them if I knew the person that submitted it and then only if I thought that person got a harsh grade which was what happened to me when I submitted books to them.

That book in a 9.4 slab should have esquire and others filing a lawsuit for fraud against PGX....it's downright fraud and wrong.

That absolutely sucks Andy and to such a nice guy. :sorry:

I only own one PGX slab and it's getting cracked shortly.

That company is a disgrace to this hobby and I agree it

should be shut down very soon with any luck.

What a rotten story Andy. :mad:

If enough collectors refuse to buy PGX slabs the submissions to PGX will dry up. Sorry to hear about this. How could the grader, dare I say graders, possibly miss a tear that evident?

It could be that that is the very reason that there now appears to be such collusion and outright scammery now going on......, :think: