• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

:bump:

I generally don't follow the thread so I hope no one's mentioned it before.

All WD fans should try out this book:

Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse by Victor Gischler

Go get it at your local library and enjoy. It's very similar in tone to WD. No, it's not a Zombie story but might as well be. I'm 2/3rd in and I can't stop making comparisons.

Here's the final line of the back cover summary to further whet your interest:

"What little civilization remains revolves around Joey Armageddon's Sassy A-Go-Go strip clubs, where the beer is cold, the lap dances are hot, and the bouncers are armed with M16s." :grin:

i've read every book he's written (except for this one)

How long (in-story time) has this been taking place?

IE- How much time has passed since Rick woke up in the hospital (issue #1) to right now.(end of issue #56)

Also, I'm sure it was mentioned in the story; how long was Rick in his coma before he woke up?

Well not as exciting as I thought but the deed must be done, now how soon will she turn into a zombie though?

:whistle:

Anyone read #56 yet?

I loved it :cloud9:

Didn't like the resolution of the Maggie situation. Definitely felt like a cop-out. But it really only stands out that way because Kirkman has been so ruthless in his storytelling so far. I'll give him a pass :grin:

How long (in-story time) has this been taking place?

IE- How much time has passed since Rick woke up in the hospital (issue #1) to right now.(end of issue #56)

Also, I'm sure it was mentioned in the story; how long was Rick in his coma before he woke up?

From his conversation with the father and son in issue #1...I'd say between 1 and 2 months...5 weeks maybe?

Anyone read #56 yet?

I did a quick flip through when I took it off the shelf and gave a pffft seeing Maggie alive - but loved the issue after reading. Now we get to see how the group treats her after the suicide attempt, if she gets through it, or tries again - which is much more interesting than having her die, especially after so much death in the No One Is Safe arc. The exchange between Rick and Sarge was awesome - just what neither of them need, an excuse to shoot someone. I've become more and more distant from Rick since issue #49 - it's hard to look at what he's becoming, even though I understand why and feel so bad for him. Kirkman is handling him perfectly. Something very bad is in the future for Rick - something worse than death. Maybe he'll accidentally kill someone that's very important to him - Carl or a new intimate partner (Michonne?). Then he could leave the group and carry on alone. The book could then follow Rick, the group, or go back and forth between both!

Also, I'm amazed that Kirkman has put out issues so close together to catch up. I know he wanted to catch up to Invincible, but it's also to make the lateness up to readers. It says a lot. He could have just left the gap, started releasing issues monthly, and had a big head start on his guaranteed shipping starting in the new year.

Yeah, except it was an Aprils Fools joke from Tony Moore......sadly not a reality :(

I know...pretty cool image...even if it was just a "what if...?"

Absolutely, it is an awesome image! :headbang:

I saw the actual OA for it at the New York Comic Con last year, but I couldn't justify the price for a non-published cover. I wonder if he still has it available for purchase hm

Didn't like the resolution of the Maggie situation. Definitely felt like a cop-out. But it really only stands out that way because Kirkman has been so ruthless in his storytelling killing so far. I'll give him a pass :grin:

Fixed that for ya!

This issue was definitely interesting...lots of continuing character build up with Abraham, but Rosita has barely spoke. A lot of emotion in this issue, and you can see the cold, lifeless look in Rick's eyes when he pointed the gun at Abraham. Some nice WTF moments on Abraham when Maggie came to. Another outstsanding Adlard effort...

my wife bought me the hardcovers for Christmas so i started from the beginning. first let me say it's just as good the second time around.

also it's cool to go back and see how many really close calls Rick had right from the start with the zombies. when he first opens the door to the cafeteria and wrestles down the stairs with one of them it was so close to being over before it even began.