• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

So, is this sketch book Zombies or just random stuff? I'd love to see some of the Zombies if there are any...

There are a lot of random sketches, but also a decent amount of zombies! I'll try to snap some interior pics over the next few days (thumbs u

How is the interior Steve?

It's awesome Chris, there is a wide variety of sketches, and an interesting and funny little intro that that Tony did. There is even a drawing in there he did when he was 5 years old lol

Ash you are my hero, where did you get that book?

Thanks! I got it in a big trade involving some original art. I have been trying to track a copy down ever since I found out it existed, but with only 100 out there, it took a while. Tony does plan to reprint it someday, in hardcover form, with extra stuff. There is also supposed to be a "volume 2" out in the future.

Good luck, I'll let you know if I come across another copy :wishluck:

btw, is the fact that #57 has been resolicited for the past 2+ months mean that we can expect a 2+ month wait between 56 and 57? I recall that the winter months were devoid of TWD issues last year.

Kirkman said today that 54 and 55 are both coming out this month and 56 next month for a total of 11 issues this year. Then one issue a month in 09.

Of course he's made claims like this before and not lived up to them so I'd take this one for what it's worth, not much.

btw, is the fact that #57 has been resolicited for the past 2+ months mean that we can expect a 2+ month wait between 56 and 57? I recall that the winter months were devoid of TWD issues last year.

Kirkman said today that 54 and 55 are both coming out this month and 56 next month for a total of 11 issues this year. Then one issue a month in 09.

Of course he's made claims like this before and not lived up to them so I'd take this one for what it's worth, not much.

I got the newsletter as well Brian, and he seemed pretty darn confident that he would be able to stick to the "On Time in 2009" with all his books across the board,

which means all of my books in 2009 will have guaranteed ship dates... and we'll be hitting them.
So, who knows, but it sounds like several steps in the right direction! :wishluck:

I got the newsletter as well Brian, and he seemed pretty darn confident that he would be able to stick to the "On Time in 2009" with all his books across the board,

which means all of my books in 2009 will have guaranteed ship dates... and we'll be hitting them.
So, who knows, but it sounds like several steps in the right direction! :wishluck:

It just feels like "the boy who cried wolf" at this point, or the alcoholic that says "never again" only to do it again. I guess my question about his guarantee would be "or what?". The next one is on me? Or, I'll put out two next month? Or maybe, I'll fall on this sword?

Anyway, I'll believe it when I see it. I also hope that I'm wrong, I'd love to see 15 issues in the next 14 months!

Just wanted to say thanks to the many people on this board who love this series I decided to buy the graphic novels that were available to check it out. Pretty cool read and I guess you could say Im hooked at this point. I was looking to purchase whichever issues were out after the 8th TPB ended (issue 48 right ?) and found 49 to be sold out everywhere ? Is this a book I should pay more then cover price for ? (i could care less about condition, i just want to read the damn thing) I didnt know moderns were hard to find.

It just feels like "the boy who cried wolf" at this point, or the alcoholic that says "never again" only to do it again. I guess my question about his guarantee would be "or what?". The next one is on me? Or, I'll put out two next month? Or maybe, I'll fall on this sword?

Anyway, I'll believe it when I see it. I also hope that I'm wrong, I'd love to see 15 issues in the next 14 months!

he's been doing a pretty damn good job on WD and invincible for the past few months (as far as scheduling)...adding that editor to the team will surely help too :)

Just wanted to say thanks to the many people on this board who love this series I decided to buy the graphic novels that were available to check it out. Pretty cool read and I guess you could say Im hooked at this point. I was looking to purchase whichever issues were out after the 8th TPB ended (issue 48 right ?) and found 49 to be sold out everywhere ? Is this a book I should pay more then cover price for ? (i could care less about condition, i just want to read the damn thing) I didnt know moderns were hard to find.

I wouldn't pay too much over cover but it is a tougher issue to find.