• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

i remeber seeing a group of 4 (?) getting out as my wife and i wait in line walking in wearing walking dead shirts...and i was teh jelous...i was just wearing my zombie repellant shirt (riot shotgun on the chest from resident evil 4)

that was my first "big" con (sad considering that i am 33). and i now understand the importance of pre-paying for admission...

J

i remeber seeing a group of 4 (?) getting out as my wife and i wait in line walking in wearing walking dead shirts...and i was teh jelous...i was just wearing my zombie repellant shirt (riot shotgun on the chest from resident evil 4)

that was my first "big" con (sad considering that i am 33). and i now understand the importance of pre-paying for admission...

J

lol yep, I was one of those four guys, along with Chris (ffcomics), Danny (mutantkeys), and Shawn (pitboss) :grin:

J

lol yep, I was one of those four guys, along with Chris (ffcomics), Danny (mutantkeys), and Shawn (pitboss) :grin:

oh and you guys are a bunch of nerds

:jokealert:

J

oh and you guys are a bunch of nerds

:jokealert:

Hell yeah we are! And damn proud :cloud9:

i'm a dork, there are three levels of geekdom...

nerds

geeks

and dorks

each having their own pros and cons, since you are married you cannot be a nerd, nerds are not capable of talking to the opposite sex in any media, especially face to face. geeks have limited human contact outside of world of warcraft, mostly at 7-11 getting their stock of hot pockets and talking with the "old lady behind the counter". dorks are fully aware of their surroundings and are capable of talking with the opposite sex, even as far as having girlfriends and/or wives (or both if you are rich like bill gates).

i don't play warcraft, eat hot pockets and i'm married, so that leaves me at the dork level...

J

This will be of interest to many of you... The next Romero "Dead" film. I didn't even know this was being made.

Romero's ...Of the Dead

Any one know when this is scheduled for release? (shrug)

Yep, I'm VERY excited for it :headbang:

Even though they made a poster with it, I believe the "Of the Dead" title is just a temporary working title and will probably change. I haven't heard anything about a release date yet, but hopefully there will be some more news soon :wishluck:

of-the-dead-front.jpg

There are some more pics and info here:

http://blog.movieset.com/2008/11/07/exclusive-romero-poster-and-images-from-afm/

the premiss reminds me of Herschel keeping all those dead in his barn. looks pretty good though.

i don't play warcraft, eat hot pockets and i'm married, so that leaves me at the dork level...

J

Well then, I'm a dork as well, and still Damn proud! :sumo:

just have to know the people you talk to....

i'm a dork and proud myself....got my wife into comics and gaming as well, made her a dork too.

i'm such a dork that i have 2 playstation network accounts and four xbox live accounts. just sold my wii so now i only have 8 of the 9 current and last gen consoles.

atleast i'm not one of those baseball card collecting bottom feeders....they are the lowest of all nerds.

J

back on topic, what are the chances of the dead being out on time this year?

anyone think that rick is going to die this year? not by psycho but by being bitten? i'd find it interesting to see how michoinne would take care of carl and the impact on him. kirkman had the usual disassociation between carl and his mom and it would probably affect him more with rick dead than his mom and sister.

J

Anyone read #57 yet? All I can say is "WOW" :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

haven't made my bi-weekly stop to the lcs to get it yet. the wife has been person_without_enough_empathying about all the books coming almost daily that i bought from the other bordites so i need to clean it out on the sly...

J

Anyone read #57 yet? All I can say is "WOW" :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

haven't made my bi-weekly stop to the lcs to get it yet. the wife has been person_without_enough_empathying about all the books coming almost daily that i bought from the other bordites so i need to clean it out on the sly...

J

lol

Well, my wife would have yelled at me if I didn't pick it up today,

since it is one of the titles she is hooked on as well :cloud9:

same here, that is the first she reads, then 30 days, anything from niles and whatever else she finds interesting that i pick up.

luckily she doesn't like ennis books, i don't want to explain why i read books by an irish guy fascinated with jokes.

so atleast tell me if there is a major death within the pages of 57...

J

it would be cool if carl had to kill his own infected father...

Another GREAT issue. This one really got my adrenaline going. Amazing how Kirkman has been so consistent and that the story hasn't lagged at all. I've read this from issue #1...at first, I thought it was entertaining, if somewhat derivative. After a few issues, it was proving to be a whole lot better than your average zombie comic. By the 20's, it was at the top of my reading list. By the 30's, I had decided that this was one of the best series of the last 10 years. Now...I'm not quite ready to put "one of the greatest of all time" label on it...but it's getting close. WD is one of the few reasons I still go to my lcs every week and haven't gone all-trade. Thank you Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard for the great entertainment!

#57's cover rules too. Ended too soon as usual, but I like what they're doing with the story. In the end, its a character study comic book and they do a good job of keeping everyone 3-D (except maybe the mayor)

I jhave to say I hate all the extra pages of at the end. I always get faked out that the story will be longer than it always is.

Those sales figures previously posted are very enlightining, are those strong sales for a popular comic right now? How do you think they compare to DC or Marvel sales of popular hero books?

Edited by limited66