• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I just finished 60 and can't beleive this series keeps getting better. I bought 55-60 in book form after reading 9 trades and I will for sure be buying this monthly. The letter pages are great. The cover previews are tantalizing. I keep seeing this plot "dead" ending but somehow Kirkman keeps it fresh and keeps the story moving.

I want a number one CGC 9.8. I have always been opposed to moderns thinking Silver age stuff is a much better buy but I think I might make an exception on this one. Any comments one way or the other?

I want a number one CGC 9.8. I have always been opposed to moderns thinking Silver age stuff is a much better buy but I think I might make an exception on this one. Any comments one way or the other?

I would also love a 9.8 copy of the 1st book (thumbs u

I've just started on the sixth trade, and I've got to say I've never been so gripped by a title. It's the first book since Preacher that leaves me not wanting to put it down. Awesome stuff.

No one else?

$120 lol

So I joined the "Club" a few months back and bought my first trade after reading about 8 or 9 issues. I started buying and reading all the trades to get caught up and have now finished trade 9. While I really enjoyed the trades up to about trade 6 or 7 the tone of the book has really started to drag on me.

Kirkman really does a good job of instilling basically no hope for the survivors and the fact that they can never relax. While this has drawn me to the book it has always as a reader kinda drained me some. I have gotten a little tired of going from one bleak moment to another. After the events of the last few issues with his wife and such I really think this is a good stopping point for me.

I am by no means saying that this book isnt extremely well written and suspenseful because it is. Heck I even loved Kirkman's He-man stuff. I am just starting to think that the overall tone of the book has become almost too depressing to read for me since I am a bigger Super Hero fan. The lack of even a glimmer of something good/hope has just started to drag on me.

Does it change at all? I am up to Maggie and stopped there as far a plots go and have read thru trade 9.

I dunno, I dont feel the lack of any hope- I mean anytime they run into new people is somewhat a sign of hope. The best part of the storyline IMO is the relationships and reactions from different people during different times its the main thing that keeps me reading- Seeing who will do something stupid in a pressure situation, etc.

I dunno, I dont feel the lack of any hope- I mean anytime they run into new people is somewhat a sign of hope. The best part of the storyline IMO is the relationships and reactions from different people during different times its the main thing that keeps me reading- Seeing who will do something stupid in a pressure situation, etc.

Well said Aaron (thumbs u

:news: CGC has begun making preparations to survive the zombie-swine outbreak. Don't worry, your comics will be safe... until we need to make a fire... :sorry:

Guest Grails
Anyone looking forward to Romero's new flick?

Unfortunately, no. The original Night/Day/Dawn trilogy were the greatest but Romero is done. We need a franchise reboot.

Guest Grails

1 Day

2 Dawn

3 Night

I didn't like Land or Diary. Land had potential on paper and could have been great.

Guilty pleasure: Remake of Dawn of the Dead.