• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

The "real story" was never really posted, but I heard from several sources that Tony had trouble keeping up with Robert's deadlines.....

That may have been part of it, but I heard a different story....and there seems to be several sides to this one.

From what I heard, Kirkman and Moore collaborated on the book from the get go, and someone didn't want to share creative/financial ownership/rights. And someone didn't like that. El fin.

at least that's what I inferred from the following link.

http://tonymooreillustration.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=1367

Edited by kolmaravenue

It was a bit more than that, actually a lot more than that...

But think about this, why are there no Walking Dead figures out there for sale? Why did they do busts of zombies and give them names? Why is there no Rick bust?

There is a lot of money going to the person who designed those characters beyond the publishing of comic books, so that might give you a little hint as to why we don't see Walking Dead Merchandise to often (save for a Statue!)

I'm sure that they don't want to air any dirty laundry or do anything to slow the walking dead's roll. Still, hopefully we'll see some figures someday-probably of the tv show likenesses? Save a little $$$ for Kirkman. This series is their winning lottery ticket and I guess all the trouble that comes with it.

It was a bit more than that, actually a lot more than that...

But think about this, why are there no Walking Dead figures out there for sale? Why did they do busts of zombies and give them names? Why is there no Rick bust?

There is a lot of money going to the person who designed those characters beyond the publishing of comic books, so that might give you a little hint as to why we don't see Walking Dead Merchandise to often (save for a Statue!)

Yeah I always wondered about those crappy statue & busts ... I'd buy a bust of rick no doubt & maybe some others if done right ...

I can believe the deadline thing with tony though I went to ECCC that was there & his girl friend wouldn't even let em do a simple zombie head sketch or anything for me because he was supposedly behind on his paid sketches :S

Quick question to the boards.....

I just got in a nice looking Serbian Walking Dead #1 and I MAY HAVE a nice Serbian Walking Dead #2 Variant cover for sale.

Does anyone here still need one or possibly both?

I was going to do a sales thread, but I figured a general heads up to this thread might get the book(s) to the right person.

Best,

Chris

i need the variant to #2

PM Sent. (thumbs u

Here are the scans in case anyone else wants a lookie-loo.

SerbWD1.jpg

SerbWD2Variant.jpg

interiors are exact, word balloons in serbian. Some covers are done by locals as in this case, some are originals