• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Plus the fact that the show has not even aired it does not help... People need to have some love for the actors first before they want the sigs

So hey is a reserve of $1000 on a TWD #1 too high for ebay ?... In order for me to sell my book I'd like to get at least that much for it ... The $1000 would then be put into my showase #22 fund to buy at a latter date :D

Edited by synch

should I just put you on ignore ? I assume this forum has that option someplace ...

That book has 10 friggin' signatures, and is a 9.8 to boot. Even if sold for as much as a #1 in 9.8, it wouldn't be a surprise - but it's not anywhere near that number.

The fact that it's only at $255 right now is kind of depressing, really.

10 sigs that make the book look like it was vandalized by a bunch of people that had nothing to do with the comic??? I'm shocked that thing is bid up that high. Might as well have Stan Lee's sig on it. Depressing? No. It's :screwy:

That's a ridiculous comparison. So Kirkman & Adlard have nothing to do with this comic now?

should I just put you on ignore ? I assume this forum has that option someplace ...

That book has 10 friggin' signatures, and is a 9.8 to boot. Even if sold for as much as a #1 in 9.8, it wouldn't be a surprise - but it's not anywhere near that number.

10 sigs that make the book look like it was vandalized by a bunch of people that had nothing to do with the comic??? I'm shocked that thing is bid up that high. Might as well have Stan Lee's sig on it. Depressing? No. It's :screwy:

I hope that was an attempt at humor.

So the director of the Walking Dead TV Show and most of the cast of the Walking Dead have nothing to do with The Walking Dead?

The comic and the series are all part of the same universe, this was a one-time-only opportunity and I personally think it's incredibly cool. It turns a potentially boring convention variant into something really special.

So, just to clarify, you must also think that Downey signing an Iron Man book, or Bale on a Batman, or Jackman on a Hulk #340, or Romero on a Night of the Living Dead, or Tricia Helfer on a BSG, or Sigourney Weaver on an Aliens, or Linda Hamilton and Michael Biehn on a Terminator, or Tarantino and Rodriguez on a Sin City are all vandalism then?

That would be :screwy:

So hey is a reserve of $1000 on a TWD #1 too high for ebay ?... In order for me to sell my book I'd like to get at least that much for it ... The $1000 would then be put into my showase #22 fund to buy at a latter date :D

The highest a Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 has ever sold for is $700 - it won't sell with a $1,000 reserve.

I'm still around, just not posting till I catch up. I just finished issue 4 of the TPB and don't want you peeps spoiling anything before I actually get there. Hopefully, I'll be wanting to discuss some stuff when I get caught up .....

PS. I got my wife reading it........ and two different guys at work .... :acclaim:

Good Work :applause:

It will be great to hear what you think when you've caught up (thumbs u

Spread the word!!! :applause:

The highest a Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 has ever sold for is $700 - it won't sell with a $1,000 reserve.

hm I wonder if I threw in some trades or something if it would bump the price up... I also have a extra #3 that is a reader copy I could put in too ...

That's a ridiculous comparison. So Kirkman & Adlard have nothing to do with this comic now?

You're ridiculous. I didn't say they had nothing to do with it. I said that there are a bunch of sigs by people that had nothing to do with the comic. Those sigs have no relevance to me and seriously detracts from its eye appeal. I have a hard time understanding why someone would pay that much for that but that's just me.

You're ridiculous. I didn't say they had nothing to do with it. I said that there are a bunch of sigs by people that had nothing to do with the comic. Those sigs have no relevance to me and seriously detracts from its eye appeal. I have a hard time understanding why someone would pay that much for that but that's just me.

This comic isn't that rare to find without signatures. So while I agree the signatures detract from the look of the cover, you can always buy another copy to enjoy the artwork.

What IS cool about this book is that it can be extremely difficult to track down that many signatures. To have them all so quickly is really cool.

Some of the STAR WARS books like this have crazy labels on them with so many different dates for each actors signature. Not to mention all the grading fees for each individual signature when you tracking them down one at a time.

Edited by maloney414

I hope that was an attempt at humor.

The Stan Lee comment? Yes. The rest? No.

So the director of the Walking Dead TV Show and most of the cast of the Walking Dead have nothing to do with The Walking Dead?

I said they had nothing to do with the comic.

The comic and the series are all part of the same universe, this was a one-time-only opportunity and I personally think it's incredibly cool. It turns a potentially boring convention variant into something really special.

Ok. Good for you. I think it is ugly.

So, just to clarify, you must also think that Downey signing an Iron Man book, or Bale on a Batman, or Jackman on a Hulk #340, or Romero on a Night of the Living Dead, or Tricia Helfer on a BSG, or Sigourney Weaver on an Aliens, or Linda Hamilton and Michael Biehn on a Terminator, or Tarantino and Rodriguez on a Sin City are all vandalism then?

That would be :screwy:

No. However, I think that if the whole crew of Iron Man signed the book, it would look ugly. Mostly, I just had a problem when mschmidt said it was depressing that it was only $255.

Well to be honest, you are right. The cast & crew have nothing to do with the comic, but undeniably they are a permanently part of TWD lore from now on and hopefully, will be the ones to introduce this tale to a greater audience that will recognize them more than the actual comic creators. Even though these SS covers are a bit busy for my taste, I perfectly understand how cool they are to fans that absolutely love this series. I even know a person that would trade her Crow collection, for one SS Crow #1 book signed by Brandon Lee(that's an example of an actor not contributing to the creative forces of the comic but becoming legendary through the role). That's who touched sexyghoul to want to collect this series, a gifted actor in a B-movie. But, that's impossible all by itself because of his death in '94 and CGC being created during late '99. I'm just hoping TWD cast has the same effect on a large group of viewers too.

Saying that signatures by Kirkman, Adlard, and the cast members of the Walking Dead TV show on a Walking Dead comic book is any way similar to having a Stan Lee sig on this book is mind-bogglingly stupid. You may not personally see the value of this - or the value of Signature Series in general (I'm guessing that's the case due to your "vandalized" comment) - but failing to realize why other people might think this book is incredibly cool is just plain ol' ignorance on your part.

Let me guess - what you collect rocks, what other people collect sucks?

Saying that signatures by Kirkman, Adlard, and the cast members of the Walking Dead TV show on a Walking Dead comic book is any way similar to having a Stan Lee sig on this book is mind-bogglingly stupid. You may not personally see the value of this - or the value of Signature Series in general (I'm guessing that's the case due to your "vandalized" comment) - but failing to realize why other people might think this book is incredibly cool is just plain ol' ignorance on your part.

I said that there were a bunch of sigs by people who had nothing to do with the comic. Isn't that true? There might be 2 sigs there of people that worked on it. But there are a bunch by people who didn't. You saying anything different is mind-bogglingly stupid to me. Heck, probably even more mind-boggling stupid than saying that it is depressing that the book is only at $255. It is at $300 now. Are you feeling better? If not, help is only a phone call away: 1-800-273-TALK

I said "vandalized" because it looks ugly not because I have something against sig books.

What I collect does ROCK! :whee: I can't tell you about other people's collecting habits though.

I said that there were a bunch of sigs by people who had nothing to do with the comic. Isn't that true? There might be 2 sigs there of people that worked on it. But there are a bunch by people who didn't. You saying anything different is mind-bogglingly stupid to me. Heck, probably even more mind-boggling stupid than saying that it is depressing that the book is only at $255. It is at $300 now. Are you feeling better? If not, help is only a phone call away: 1-800-273-TALK

I said "vandalized" because it looks ugly not because I have something against sig books.

No, actually it's not. These people do have something to do with the comic book - they're actors and will be portraying the characters of said comic book in an upcoming TV show (of which I'm sure you're aware). Whether you feel said connection is tenuous or not is irrelevant, because there's no denying it's there - much like there's a link between Christopher Reeve and the Superman comic book, and, more recently, Hugh Jackman and Wolverine.

It's not rocket science, it shouldn't be such a hard concept to grasp.

But, yes, thank you for your concern - I'm glad to see the price of the book going up on ebay :thumbsup: