• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Damn, I guess the fact that I own a 9.8 copy, signed by 11 (8 of which are NOT involved with the comic), makes me :screwy: too

:sorry:

^^:screwy:

I wish I could be crazy too...how can you like WD and not want a book like that...plus the cast has pics in the back of the issue..so yes they are a part of the issue. (not counting the show which as people have said makes them involved in the WD world)

Damn, I guess the fact that I own a 9.8 copy, signed by 11 (8 of which are NOT involved with the comic), makes me :screwy: too

^^:screwy:

I wish I could be crazy too...how can you like WD and not want a book like that...plus the cast has pics in the back of the issue..so yes they are a part of the issue. (not counting the show which as people have said makes them involved in the WD world)

No Frank Darabont though, so he is only allowed to sign Goon #32's were he made an appearance in. :sumo: ...And Gale Hurd, well she is ":censored: out of luck". I hope her divorce from Jim Cameron and monetary settlement keeps her warm at night, because she ain't signing my TWD either.

:roflmao:

I would want one of these books if it was from my title too, just to have as a kind of a cast signed "variant" to my uber books and by from the look of things I'm gonna get my wish by next fall. :acclaim:

lets not fight over something so pointless &B also that awe all love :DWHAT OF DAVIDSON?

Yes, let's refocus on the important things.

BTW, my 75 SDCC 9.8 has just three sigs and I think it's perfect, in fact I did list it for sale on the boards @ $200, which is inflated, and no one even nibbled, but it has at least that much value to me.

But I don't see anything wrong with having all the people sign it that are associated with the show, it's just not the variant I'd choose.

this arguement is rather dumb if you ask me. so one person doesn't like his books cluttered with sigs (sounds like even if all the sigs were from people who worked on the book, he wouldn't be into it), which i find that understandable. the sigs are distracting.

And there are others that would give a few fingers to have it and think it is cool. that is understandable too.

so we are acting like this because?

per request and just to shift gears here...

Jeremy Bastian on TWD 75 Blank

THE WALKING DEAD PIRATE GIRL

Photobucket

:o:o:o

(worship)(worship)(worship)

I'll say it again, beautiful piece indeed, Glenn. :applause:

I thought these had some God Awful art work on them? Are they actually completely blank?

Photobucket

I thought these had some God Awful art work on them? Are they actually completely blank?

For what, I am sure, is the 100th time this has been mentioned...

THE BACK OF THE SKETCH VARIANT IS BLANK.

Photobucket

For what, I am sure, is the 100th time this has been mentioned...

THE BACK OF THE SKETCH VARIANT IS BLANK.

They were threatening castration...are we really going to split hairs here?

Nah. You can do whatever you want with the comic. Sure, I think it is ugly but that is just me. I just hope you don't get too depressed if this ebay auction doesn't close with enough commas in the price.

this arguement is rather dumb if you ask me. so one person doesn't like his books cluttered with sigs (sounds like even if all the sigs were from people who worked on the book, he wouldn't be into it), which i find that understandable. the sigs are distracting.

I don't like the book with that many sigs. That's true. But I don't have a problem with it, per se. I just have a problem with that value. And I have more of a problem with someone trying to say that it is priced so low at 255, that it is depressing.

And there are others that would give a few fingers to have it and think it is cool. that is understandable too.

so we are acting like this because?

No idea.

should I just put you on ignore ? I assume this forum has that option someplace ...

That book has 10 friggin' signatures, and is a 9.8 to boot. Even if sold for as much as a #1 in 9.8, it wouldn't be a surprise - but it's not anywhere near that number.

The fact that it's only at $255 right now is kind of depressing, really.

10 sigs that make the book look like it was vandalized by a bunch of people that had nothing to do with the comic??? I'm shocked that thing is bid up that high. Might as well have Stan Lee's sig on it. Depressing? No. It's :screwy:

I hope that was an attempt at humor.

So the director of the Walking Dead TV Show and most of the cast of the Walking Dead have nothing to do with The Walking Dead?

The comic and the series are all part of the same universe, this was a one-time-only opportunity and I personally think it's incredibly cool. It turns a potentially boring convention variant into something really special.

So, just to clarify, you must also think that Downey signing an Iron Man book, or Bale on a Batman, or Jackman on a Hulk #340, or Romero on a Night of the Living Dead, or Tricia Helfer on a BSG, or Sigourney Weaver on an Aliens, or Linda Hamilton and Michael Biehn on a Terminator, or Tarantino and Rodriguez on a Sin City are all vandalism then?

That would be :screwy:

while his opinion isn't quite mine regarding this signed book, and "vandalized" was definitely a bad choice of words, what he said was true. most of the people who signed that book literally had nothing to do with the comic itself, only the show the comic is based on. as for me, i typically don't want my books signed by someone who didn't have anything to do with the actual comic. stan lee signing books he didn't work on, but feature characters he created is about as far as i go personally. out of all your choices, romero is fine because that's his work (same idea as stan lee). other than that, i wouldn't want a book signed by any of your other choices. i wouldn't call it anything close to vandalism, just not my preference in the least bit.

Nah. You can do whatever you want with the comic. Sure, I think it is ugly but that is just me. I just hope you don't get too depressed if this ebay auction doesn't close with enough commas in the price.

Honestly, I couldn't care less where the ebay copy finishes (shrug)

Honestly, I couldn't care less where the ebay copy finishes (shrug)

Oh, you so care. :baiting: