• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

while his opinion isn't quite mine regarding this signed book, and "vandalized" was definitely a bad choice of words, what he said was true. most of the people who signed that book literally had nothing to do with the comic itself, only the show the comic is based on. as for me, i typically don't want my books signed by someone who didn't have anything to do with the actual comic. stan lee signing books he didn't work on, but feature characters he created is about as far as i go personally. out of all your choices, romero is fine because that's his work (same idea as stan lee). other than that, i wouldn't want a book signed by any of your other choices. i wouldn't call it anything close to vandalism, just not my preference in the least bit.

It was a bad choice of words because even though I never said it was vandalized, people took it that way. I said it looked like it was. If I used a different word, then it would have seemed less threatening. Maybe then I would have gotten my point across better. The discussion on pricing was where I had my beef. Oh well.

Damn, I guess the fact that I own a 9.8 copy, signed by 11 (8 of which are NOT involved with the comic), makes me :screwy: too

:sorry:

Nah. You can do whatever you want with the comic. Sure, I think it is ugly but that is just me. I just hope you don't get too depressed if this ebay auction doesn't close with enough commas in the price.

Honestly, I couldn't care less where the ebay copy finishes (shrug)

Oh, you so care. :baiting:

Quiet, you!

byewhore.gif

hm Turns out I have two extra #3s .... (why couldn't they be #2's? :S my lcs had it on order but never got in #2 damn it :Slol ) They are actually in better shape than I thought ... maybe 8.5 or up ... I wonder what a low grade #3 & a 9.8 #1 combo auction would go for hm?..

Going to take them up to my lcs & get a 2nd opinion on the grades & maybe drop them off for grading .... (or is it better just selling as a raw ?.. ) I have 3-10 up but I got most of them signedby kirkman or TM before I even knew about cgc SS :S D'oh!

I rent out space on my sig line...and some weirdo PM me about the opp (shrug) . He says he works as a Luke Perry impersonator. Said he is getting paid to be at Dragon Con and he can paypal me the first payment for the sig line spot next week. I told him I will give him one week of free sig space if he books the next two months. And he said :takeit:

:popcorn:

I rent out space on my sig line...and some weirdo PM me about the opp (shrug) . He says he works as a Luke Perry impersonator. Said he is getting paid to be at Dragon Con and he can paypal me the first payment for the sig line spot next week. I told him I will give him one week of free sig space if he books the next two months.

Not a bad deal there Doug, but I think he'd get more business as a young Gary Busey impersonator.

I rent out space on my sig line...and some weirdo PM me about the opp (shrug) . He says he works as a Luke Perry impersonator. Said he is getting paid to be at Dragon Con and he can paypal me the first payment for the sig line spot next week. I told him I will give him one week of free sig space if he books the next two months.

Not a bad deal there Doug, but I think he'd get more business as a young Gary Busey impersonator.

^^